Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Grip Shell Review

Tip us?

dakshmay21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Grip Shell Review

Hi guys!

Got my white grip cover today and it's much better than I expected it to be.

Looks: It looks and feels phenomenal, hardly adds any bulk to the phone and provides protection too. The feel is similar to how my new One X felt. The back has a very nice soft feel to it, different from both back shells and flip covers.

Fit: Fits perfectly. Zero creaks or noises. Mind you, it doesn't click when you put it on. It's held there by the bumper around it. But the fit is very reassuring.

Protection: The back is much harder than the standard back plate, thus providing better protection. The bumper around it also feels decently protective. Buttons are still nice and clicky. Cutouts are prefect.

Worth every penny. Will be buying the blue one soon too! Go for it.
Optimus One >> HTC One X >> Moto G(Current)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dakshmay21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

guapinoy
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I have the black one and I would have to agree about how great it is. How is the white one? Do you feel like it could discolor pretty fast? Is the white bright or more like an eggshell white ?

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
Greg Focker: "Yeah, well I get paid too so it`s sort of an everyone wins thing."

dakshmay21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapinoy View Post
I have the black one and I would have to agree about how great it is. How is the white one? Do you feel like it could discolor pretty fast? Is the white bright or more like an eggshell white ?

I'd say it's on the brighter side of white. And, I guess the whole material of the case is of the same colour so I don't really think it could discolour. Why do you think it would lose its colour?

guapinoy
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakshmay21 View Post
I'd say it's on the brighter side of white. And, I guess the whole material of the case is of the same colour so I don't really think it could discolour. Why do you think it would lose its colour?
By discolor I meant that do you think that it will stain easily.

Greg Focker: "Yeah, well I get paid too so it`s sort of an everyone wins thing."

dakshmay21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapinoy View Post
By discolor I meant that do you think that it will stain easily.

Oh, that! White I think will be pretty easy to dirty bit a wipe with a wet cloth will be good enough. I've used a white phone since the past two years and most of the stains go away by just using a damp cloth. Otherwise, a lens cleaning solution would always do the trick.
The Following User Says Thank You to dakshmay21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sacosta115
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the red one and am really impressed with it. What other colors do they have?

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dakshmay21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacosta115 View Post
I have the red one and am really impressed with it. What other colors do they have?

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Blue, White, Yellow and Black!
The Following User Says Thank You to dakshmay21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

denzel09
Old
Thanks Meter 667
I preordered yesterday the white grip from amazon. It seems really beautiful and sexy
The Following User Says Thank You to denzel09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mailppl
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi although the official grip cover looks cool on the device and doesnt add extra thickness to the device.. I am not very confident about how well it would protect the device..hence I have been thinking about getting a Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit Case for the phone. Any of you who have been using the Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit Case kindly provide some feedback..how thick does it make the phone ? Does it really protect the phone well ?