Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Grip Shells - who has one, what are they like?

OP techguyone

8th February 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #51  
Flag The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 39

281 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostakis07

Hey guys, I'm getting my moto g tomorrow and I'm also getting a case... I like the grip shell case but amazon says pre-order only... Weirdly enough some people posted reviews of the case which means they bought it from there... WTF??? Anyway if someone received the case from amazon.de please let me know

Well, if you just check on the reviews at Amazon.de, you know exactly who got it..........waiting for the last 4 weeks.
I actually bought two other cases cause I do not believe they will ever come......
8th February 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 32

221 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnOwl

Well, if you just check on the reviews at Amazon.de, you know exactly who got it..........waiting for the last 4 weeks.
I actually bought two other cases cause I do not believe they will ever come......

It's taking forever:

http://www.motorola.com/on/demandwar...ells-moto-g-ne

8th February 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
@angomy: thanks a lot! you even did the conversion from inches to cm... It seems almost like the perfect case, if only it had the texture of the flip shell... I know, you can't have everything!
9th February 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #54  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102

466 posts
More
Those reviews on the German Amazon site Amazon.de are not actually for the grip shell but the flip case. Go figure, google translate for the win.
Who knows why the two products have been mixed, maybe its to fool people into thinking the grip shell is going to be awesome.
9th February 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 3

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone

Those reviews on the German Amazon site Amazon.de are not actually for the grip shell but the flip case. Go figure, google translate for the win.
Who knows why the two products have been mixed, maybe its to fool people into thinking the grip shell is going to be awesome.

native german speaking here. the flip shell/shell/grip shell all are "one" product on amazon.de - you choose the variant and color when you order them via drop down menus. kind of silly, because you have to read each review to figure out for which of those three cases it really is.
so far nobody got a grip shell...only reviews for shell/flip shell.

Greetz!
Albertini
11th February 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angomy

Well, my case arrived today --- even though I paid for regular shipping, like others here, they shipped it 2-day and I got it this morning.

Including photos of the chalk version next to my white Ringke Slim case (ignore the background, it's a couch throw blanket)

Overall impressions -

Solid build, as to be expected of a Moto accessory it fits the phone perfectly. There is definitely no "clicking" to let you know the case is seated properly so I'm not sure if it actually clicked into the back of the phone or if it's held together by the rubber strip. Instructions show only to press down on 6 points on the front of the phone after insertion (no text in instructions) which I did repeatedly.

The "chalk" version is not 100% white. I'm not sure if you can tell from these photos but it's actually less pure white than the Ringke (the Moto Grip is slightly yellower/darker when put next to the Ringke, you won't notice if it's by itself). In terms of texture, it's exactly like the original black back cover. So more grippy than the Ringke, but also looks like it'll acquire and hold stains much easier.

The rubber strip going around has a smooth, hard texture (it's actually less grippy than the back part) so I don't think it'll catch much when going in pockets.

I really like the covered power button / volume rocker as it adds more protection (and also my power button is a bit wobbly and it hides that), but they are much more prominent now so I'm more likely to turn on the screen by accident from the power button getting nudged if I have it in my pocket.

None of the ports are covered. I'm still able to use a headphone dust plug without any obstruction issues.

how about the rubber part? is it black or dark grey?
11th February 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 95

281 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrulicious

how about the rubber part? is it black or dark grey?

The TPU part looks black except in bright direct sunlight (like any other black really). I put up two "black" comparison photos (in the shade no direct light, in direct bright sunlight) in my review thread.
5th May 2014, 12:02 PM   |  #58  
Flag PUNE
Thanks Meter: 3

79 posts
Hi although the official grip cover looks cool on the device and doesnt add extra thickness to the device.. I am not very confident about how well it would protect the device..hence I have been thinking about getting a Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit Case for the phone. Any of you who have been using the Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit Case kindly provide some feedback..how thick does it make the phone ? Does it really protect the phone well ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread