Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Turn on notification sound when screen is locked/off

Tip us?

khumash
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Turn on notification sound when screen is locked/off

Where can I find the setting to turn on the notification sound when the screen is off (locked)? The phone is not muted.

omernevo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by khumash View Post
Where can I find the setting to turn on the notification sound when the screen is off (locked)? The phone is not muted.
Is it only the sound which is missing or do you not get notifications at all?

If it's only the sound, individual apps have their own settings for notifications, but it'd be odd if all of them have them turned off.

I guess it's more likely that the phone disconnects from WiFi when idle. This can be fixed through settings -> wifi -> advanced -> keep Wifi on during sleep: always.
The Following User Says Thank You to omernevo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

khumash
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I can get the notification. It's just the phone not vibrate or play any sound to notify me something is happening. I did the same test on my Nexus 7 tablet, and it vibrates and plays a sound.

omernevo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by khumash View Post
I can get the notification. It's just the phone not vibrate or play any sound to notify me something is happening. I did the same test on my Nexus 7 tablet, and it vibrates and plays a sound.
In setting -> sound ->volumes there's a "ringtone and notifications" section. Could it be that from some reason it's all the way down?

khumash
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
The "ringtone and notifications" is already set to max.