Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What am i doing wrong?

Tip us?

numel007
Old
Thanks Meter 387

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshrimp View Post
That was the thread i got the CM11 build from.

I usually wipe cache, dalvik, internal, and system. Then i reboot to bootloader and flash the boot img from the rom, reboot back to recovery and flash the rom with gapps.
Maybe I'm out of recent times, but I've personally never flashed boot.IMG separately. I just wipe, flash ROM, flash kernel, wipe caches, reboot. Is this a new thing that updated partitions needs?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Device List: Sanyo Katana < UTStarcom Arc < LG Optimus S < HTC Evo LTE < Nexus 5
Nexus 5: SOKP (Private Build)
Kernel: ElementalX

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,904

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by numel007 View Post
Maybe I'm out of recent times, but I've personally never flashed boot.IMG separately. I just wipe, flash ROM, flash kernel, wipe caches, reboot. Is this a new thing that updated partitions needs?

No change on the new setup. If you're S-on you have to flash the boot.img separately. For S-off, you don't.

Sent from my HTC device

numel007
Old
Thanks Meter 387

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinZ28 View Post
No change on the new setup. If you're S-on you have to flash the boot.img separately. For S-off, you don't.

Sent from my HTC device
He is s-off, so technically he shouldn't need to do that. Shouldn't make a difference though.

Device List: Sanyo Katana < UTStarcom Arc < LG Optimus S < HTC Evo LTE < Nexus 5
Nexus 5: SOKP (Private Build)
Kernel: ElementalX

The Following User Says Thank You to numel007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theshrimp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
If i remember right people who were S-ON still had to do it that way and i only recently gained S-OFF so i still do it that way. im not sure if there is a different way for S-OFF people?

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,904

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
If i remember right people who were S-ON still had to do it that way and i only recently gained S-OFF so i still do it that way. im not sure if there is a different way for S-OFF people?
You said in your original post that you're S-off, so you just need to flash the ROM zip. No need to boot to the bootloader and flash the boot.img separately.

Sent from my HTC device

theshrimp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You said in your original post that you're S-off, so you just need to flash the ROM zip. No need to boot to the bootloader and flash the boot.img separately.

Sent from my HTC device
So just went and wiped everything and re flashed without going into the bootloader, and still no go. Its stuck on boot screen and the charge light still comes on so its not boot looping right?

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,904

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So just went and wiped everything and re flashed without going into the bootloader, and still no go. Its stuck on boot screen and the charge light still comes on so its not boot looping right?
How long are you waiting for it to boot up? Remember it takes several minutes for a ROM to boot after a flash, so give it a bit and see what happens.

Sent from my HTC device

theshrimp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
How long are you waiting for it to boot up? Remember it takes several minutes for a ROM to boot after a flash, so give it a bit and see what happens.

Sent from my HTC device
Before i re wiped it i let it sit for 30+ minutes. Its been going for about 5 or so minutes.

theshrimp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Maybe ill just have to stick with boring old sense 5 haha. i seriously have no idea why its doing this.

fizbanrapper
Old
(Last edited by fizbanrapper; 5th May 2014 at 11:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 79
Did you unlock bootloader with htc utility? What did you use to gain s-off?
What version is your H-BOOT?

Some roms I was flashing checked for 2.10.0000 and rejected anything else, so when I upgraded to 2.10.5555, most of the kit kat rooms took a poop on me.

Not sure if this is still an issue though. I would imagine those errors were caused by the person compiling the Roms, but may have been resolved since.