Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,097 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kit Kat CND1 losing SD card

Tip us?

STELIOSFAN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Default Kit Kat CND1 losing SD card

I have two cards. A Samsung 32GB class 10 and a Sandisk microSDXC ultra 64GB

Both cards were tried, both formatted in FAT32 as well as ExFat and tried sdformatter.

BUT my galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition with CND1 (Columbia Kit Kat) after some hours of use, loses the SD card.... It cannot see it until a couple of reboots.

Do you think its because of a bad flash? Should I try CND2?

Opinions please
Free Greek Electronic Music

this is not a mind trip / this is a body journey

lsherif
Old
Thanks Meter 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by STELIOSFAN View Post
I have two cards. A Samsung 32GB class 10 and a Sandisk microSDXC ultra 64GB

Both cards were tried, both formatted in FAT32 as well as ExFat and tried sdformatter.

BUT my galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition with CND1 (Columbia Kit Kat) after some hours of use, loses the SD card.... It cannot see it until a couple of reboots.

Do you think its because of a bad flash? Should I try CND2?

Opinions please
If you are rooted , just install "Folder mount" , it will cure your ext. sd problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to lsherif For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

STELIOSFAN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsherif View Post
If you are rooted , just install "Folder mount" , it will cure your ext. sd problem.
unfortunately im not rooted as i want to keep the warranty (already used it twice for screen and battery replacement)

I just flashed the US Kit kat via odin, did a factory reset and can only hope the problem goes away. Do you think it may be a hw fault? Anybody else had similar issues?

Thanks

mikep2323
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
unfortunately im not rooted as i want to keep the warranty (already used it twice for screen and battery replacement)

I just flashed the US Kit kat via odin, did a factory reset and can only hope the problem goes away. Do you think it may be a hw fault? Anybody else had similar issues?

Thanks
I'm pretty sure that with kit kat you can't put stuff on a SD card anymore unless you use a SD fix.If you look around forum there is some information about it. I think you also need to be rooted but might be wrong about that. I think there is a app in market called SD fix.

STELIOSFAN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep2323 View Post
I'm pretty sure that with kit kat you can't put stuff on a SD card anymore unless you use a SD fix.If you look around forum there is some information about it. I think you also need to be rooted but might be wrong about that. I think there is a app in market called SD fix.
but my only contents are read only. Music only....

im greatly dissapointed

Elim
Old
Thanks Meter 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep2323 View Post
I'm pretty sure that with kit kat you can't put stuff on a SD card anymore unless you use a SD fix.
Incorrect. You can use also with KitKat and unrooted as before. The only restriction is that downloaded apps can write only in their own app directory. And this all have nothing to do with the recognizion of the sd-card.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Do you think it may be a hw fault? Anybody else had similar issues?
Until now, I didn't see that someone had a related problem.
I hope for you that it was a bad flash. Otherwise I would try to clean the caches and then a reflash but here also clean the cashes. And normally it is better to remove sd-cards before a flash but I also didn't do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

STELIOSFAN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
I performed a factory reset, cleared cache, then flashed the US Kit Kat, again factory reset. Everything works... but after a 15 minute music listening or just out of the blue, the SD card (tried a Samsung formated FAT32) is not responding.

I don't think its a hardware issue, because this time under "storage" i can see the card. However I cannot play anything from it and if I unmount and re-mount it says that the file system is not supported or the card is damaged.

This is soooooo weird and disturbing....