Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Kit Kat CND1 losing SD card

OP STELIOSFAN

3rd May 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 66

243 posts
More
I have two cards. A Samsung 32GB class 10 and a Sandisk microSDXC ultra 64GB

Both cards were tried, both formatted in FAT32 as well as ExFat and tried sdformatter.

BUT my galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition with CND1 (Columbia Kit Kat) after some hours of use, loses the SD card.... It cannot see it until a couple of reboots.

Do you think its because of a bad flash? Should I try CND2?

Opinions please
3rd May 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 636

1,599 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by STELIOSFAN

I have two cards. A Samsung 32GB class 10 and a Sandisk microSDXC ultra 64GB

Both cards were tried, both formatted in FAT32 as well as ExFat and tried sdformatter.

BUT my galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition with CND1 (Columbia Kit Kat) after some hours of use, loses the SD card.... It cannot see it until a couple of reboots.

Do you think its because of a bad flash? Should I try CND2?

Opinions please

If you are rooted , just install "Folder mount" , it will cure your ext. sd problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to lsherif For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens

243 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsherif

If you are rooted , just install "Folder mount" , it will cure your ext. sd problem.

unfortunately im not rooted as i want to keep the warranty (already used it twice for screen and battery replacement)

I just flashed the US Kit kat via odin, did a factory reset and can only hope the problem goes away. Do you think it may be a hw fault? Anybody else had similar issues?

Thanks
3rd May 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 100

394 posts
Quote:

unfortunately im not rooted as i want to keep the warranty (already used it twice for screen and battery replacement)

I just flashed the US Kit kat via odin, did a factory reset and can only hope the problem goes away. Do you think it may be a hw fault? Anybody else had similar issues?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that with kit kat you can't put stuff on a SD card anymore unless you use a SD fix.If you look around forum there is some information about it. I think you also need to be rooted but might be wrong about that. I think there is a app in market called SD fix.
3rd May 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens

243 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep2323

I'm pretty sure that with kit kat you can't put stuff on a SD card anymore unless you use a SD fix.If you look around forum there is some information about it. I think you also need to be rooted but might be wrong about that. I think there is a app in market called SD fix.

but my only contents are read only. Music only....

im greatly dissapointed
3rd May 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #6  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 345

1,561 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep2323

I'm pretty sure that with kit kat you can't put stuff on a SD card anymore unless you use a SD fix.

Incorrect. You can use also with KitKat and unrooted as before. The only restriction is that downloaded apps can write only in their own app directory. And this all have nothing to do with the recognizion of the sd-card.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote:

Do you think it may be a hw fault? Anybody else had similar issues?

Until now, I didn't see that someone had a related problem.
I hope for you that it was a bad flash. Otherwise I would try to clean the caches and then a reflash but here also clean the cashes. And normally it is better to remove sd-cards before a flash but I also didn't do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens

243 posts
More
I performed a factory reset, cleared cache, then flashed the US Kit Kat, again factory reset. Everything works... but after a 15 minute music listening or just out of the blue, the SD card (tried a Samsung formated FAT32) is not responding.

I don't think its a hardware issue, because this time under "storage" i can see the card. However I cannot play anything from it and if I unmount and re-mount it says that the file system is not supported or the card is damaged.

This is soooooo weird and disturbing....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread