Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 54,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] modem, LTE Issue????? help

Tip us?

educateme
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] modem, LTE Issue????? help

Ok, I've had issues with this phone that began with a bad battery. I got a new battery through insurance and my problems continued, even worsened. The phone will lose network connection constantly. It will reboot on it's own or during use. This is the only way it will obtain network connection once lost.... I went to at&t a million times and they flashed it for me a few times, replaced my SIM card three timesthis month and no luck. I decided to be brave and root it with cyanogenmods latest 4.4.2 kitkat (which I love, props to them) and it still continues to do the same crap! It's getting old and im beginning to think it must be a hardware issue, but I read about flashing a modem for the phone. Does anyone know if this might solve the problem or is it likely a hardware malfunction?
It seems to cause the most issues when im not on wifi or when LTE is activated.
Tried the *#*#4636#*#* code to change the connectivity settings but the only option im allowed to use is the lte/gsm auto (PRL).

Any advice is appreciated.... my next option is shooting it with my shotgun and using it as a conversational piece at the office.... maybe a
A paperweight??

thank you for your time.

captemo
Old
Thanks Meter 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by educateme View Post
Ok, I've had issues with this phone that began with a bad battery. I got a new battery through insurance and my problems continued, even worsened. The phone will lose network connection constantly. It will reboot on it's own or during use. This is the only way it will obtain network connection once lost.... I went to at&t a million times and they flashed it for me a few times, replaced my SIM card three timesthis month and no luck. I decided to be brave and root it with cyanogenmods latest 4.4.2 kitkat (which I love, props to them) and it still continues to do the same crap! It's getting old and im beginning to think it must be a hardware issue, but I read about flashing a modem for the phone. Does anyone know if this might solve the problem or is it likely a hardware malfunction?
Tried the *#*#4636#*#* code to change the connectivity settings but the only option im allowed to use is the lte/gsm auto (PRL).

Any advice is appreciated.... my next option is shooting it with my shotgun and using it as a conversational piece at the office.... maybe a
A paperweight??

thank you for your time.
Could be a modem issue, could be as simple as changing you APN settings. Where is your location? Could be affecting you a bit. Run a search, many have had this issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
CAPT. EMO Senior Member
Samsung Infuse i997.......retired
Samsung Galaxy Note i717.......semi retired
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i527.......active duty

AsurionCares
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:

A paperweight??

thank you for your time.
No need for target practice! Did you replace your phone through Asurion? If so, all replacement devices come with a 12-month limited warranty. How long have you had your replacement phone? We're here to help!

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team @AsurionCares
www.phoneclaim.com

captemo
Old
Thanks Meter 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsurionCares View Post
No need for target practice! Did you replace your phone through Asurion? If so, all replacement devices come with a 12-month limited warranty. How long have you had your replacement phone? We're here to help!

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team @AsurionCares
www.phoneclaim.com
No need to promote your own business here. You could have sent a PM for a company claim.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
CAPT. EMO Senior Member
Samsung Infuse i997.......retired
Samsung Galaxy Note i717.......semi retired
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i527.......active duty

educateme
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I live in central Arkansas and I'm not exactly sure how to check my APN settings...?? And if it's a common issue based on location, why does AT&T not recommend a solution to anyone with problems? Or do they and I just don't know?

affiatic
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I've ran this phone on straightalk 3g for about a year. Recently upgtaded to a lte sim and loose signal a lot since. Miss calls. Don't get text. I have read certain art lte towers have this problem. Sounds good since my wife's s4 has same problem. Both phones ran fine and got calls on 3g sims

wavv.drama
Old
(Last edited by wavv.drama; 5th May 2014 at 02:00 PM.) Reason: To add information
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
I live in central Arkansas and I'm not exactly sure how to check my APN settings...?? And if it's a common issue based on location, why does AT&T not recommend a solution to anyone with problems? Or do they and I just don't know?
I found the settings directly through the AT&T website but theyb only povide 4G HSPA+ settings.. which are not LTE.
Follow this steps and check if your APN settings match, and if they don't then just create a new profile with the settings in this link:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...-settings.html

Techinically, this settings are stated to be for the Nexus 5, but the APN are carrier based, so regardless if it states Nexus 5 APN settings they would still work for our OG Note

You should be able to get to your settings by going to settings / wireless data & networks ---more / mobile networks --- Access Point Names

Hope this helps!