Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 43,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Microphone... Does it just not work for standalone use?

Tip us?

trent999
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Yes, you can see it, if its there, by shining a bright light into that pinhole from the outside, but it's hard to tell if what you are seeing is really the flat plastic seal that is supposed to be there at the very back end, a mm or two inside, or if it is really blocking debris !

You don't want to damage that real seal ! Its all the way through the body at the back, though.

In my case, the misapplied white sealant had pretty nearly filled the pinhole to the outer edge. It came out as a little mm long plug, using a needle and tweezers.YMMV...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DaBountyHunter
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Yeah ok I've definitely got nothing of the sort then from observing the outside. Looks like it's more a QA issue with the build quality. Also I almost had a minor heart attack I scrapped the screen face of my watch along a metal frame. I thought sh*t it's scratched it. Went to look at screen in the light NOTHING. Still perfect so I'm glad to report the Sapphire Glass does it's job. Haven't worn a watch in years I got to remember not to walk too close to walls etc!

sny11
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by trent999 View Post
The mic works fine, clear and with good volume, on mine. There might be some white sealant clogging up the mic pinhole on yours. There was on mine, but I removed it carefully while cleaning the sim slot. If you are not really careful, you can puncture the seal at the back of the mic pinhole, destroying any hope your watch would have of surviving even a brief immersion, so you have to be really careful !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Thanks trent999, after cleaning out the mic pinhole on my truesmart the mic actually works pretty good now.

The Omate Truesmart project in theory was a terrific idea, and had it implemented, marketed, produced under quality control, and supported the product I believe it could have been the beginning of good things to come for Omate.

But instead Omate simply bungled badly their first project to the point I think it's reputation is so damaged Omate will simply fade into the sunset. Such a shame.

Had it not been for the support of all the individual xda developers hours of thankless support of this device most of the truesmarts would be now residing in landfills.

Again thanks trent999 and a BIG SHOUT OUT THANK YOU to everyone at xda who supported this project.