KDZ of Android 5.0.1 Captured for T-Mobile LG G3

T-Mobile US is yet to release the 20B Lollipop build for the LG G3. Luckily enough, you … more

Build Custom Stock Kernel with Linaro GCC 4.9.1

With this guide for Sony devices, you will learn how to build a kernel using the Linaro … more

What’s Your Biggest Reason for Not Owning an iPhone?

With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see … more

“New Kernel” for OnePlus One

If you are hungry for a new kernel on your OnePlus One, XDA Senior Member jgcaap‘s … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] How to root Galaxy note 2 N7100XXUENA3?

5th May 2014, 08:22 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Hello, I've tried to root my phone by various method available but in vain..
After I did it with CF root and Odin, I got security message on the phone when trying to open superSU (unrespond close).
Also, when verify the root access through rood checker, it says wasn't root properly..

Please help..anyone able to do it?
I've already increase my binary count to 2 and knox to 1. :/

See my phone details attached..

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-05-11-12-54.png
Views:	62
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	2726533  
5th May 2014, 09:01 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Yerevan
Thanks Meter: 150
 
1,128 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher_SGN2

Hello, I've tried to root my phone by various method available but in vain..
After I did it with CF root and Odin, I got security message on the phone when trying to open superSU (unrespond close).
Also, when verify the root access through rood checker, it says wasn't root properly..

Please help..anyone able to do it?
I've already increase my binary count to 2 and knox to 1. :/

See my phone details attached..

Thanks

As far as it goes I think after rooting it with CFroot you should update the SuperSU from the Playstore.
5th May 2014, 09:27 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Success
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagba

As far as it goes I think after rooting it with CFroot you should update the SuperSU from the Playstore.


nice..I finally succeeded to root my phone!
Going for DN3 rom..

Thanks!
5th May 2014, 02:05 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Fail to intall DN3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagba

As far as it goes I think after rooting it with CFroot you should update the SuperSU from the Playstore.

Hello, I was trying to update my note 2 with DN3 kitkat rom today.. But didn't work! :/

I rooted the phone. I got correct root access.
Then followed the instruction to flash the ROM.
After reboot, I could hear the welcome sound(new) and saw the samsung animated logo..then it stuck there. I waited for some 15mins, but nothing happened, only the animated samsung logo.

I saw an issue in TWRP.. saying there was a problem with permission. I don't know what was it. I tried to fix permission, but it failed. O.o

After nothing worked, now I am in the process of recovery from kies.

Perhaps I didn't have the right step by step guide; from rooting the phone to flashing it. :/

If someone could please help, would be great!.. I really want to flash my phone for the DN3 custom rom.

Thanks.
5th May 2014, 02:09 PM |#5  
madman_cro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
1,005 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Why do you need to root when flashing custom rom? It is already prerooted. You only need recovery.
5th May 2014, 02:52 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman_cro

Why do you need to root when flashing custom rom? It is already prerooted. You only need recovery.

As per rooting instruction, it is mentioned that the device must be rooted before flashing a custom rom from stock rom. O.o
While installing the recovery the device is rooted or another way that I tried was to root by CFroot first, which was successfully done then I got the super user access to install a recovery like TWRP,,
5th May 2014, 02:59 PM |#7  
nikhilsnigam's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 106
 
311 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher_SGN2

As per rooting instruction, it is mentioned that the device must be rooted before flashing a custom rom from stock rom. O.o
While installing the recovery the device is rooted or another way that I tried was to root by CFroot first, which was successfully done then I got the super user access to install a recovery like TWRP,,

+1

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th May 2014, 03:01 PM |#8  
optimusPRIME's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
267 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
As far as i know for latest 4.4.2 stock roms,

Try to flash philz advance recovery(md5.tar) through odin & then flash su.zip from recovery.

Done.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes