will the mega 5.8 I9150 get the KITKAT update ?!

Search This thread

psycho0o

Mar 13, 2014
hey guys i saw the new updated samsung list :
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317
Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-t217a
Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-i537
Samsung Galaxy Mega SGH-i527
Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-c105a
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900a
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 SGH-i467
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini SM-g730a

so the 5.8 version wont get the update ?
i wanna buy it but i'm afraid that samsung may stop support that phone

Frezi Evan

Mar 31, 2014
let’s see how to update Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150 to Android 4.4 KitKat :

1. Install the ROM Manager on your Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150. Get it from Google Play Store, then install the clockwork mod recovery.

2. Connect your Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150 to your PC employing the USB information cable. Copy the “Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150_4.4 KitKat.zip” file you downloaded to the SD memory card.

3. Restart your device in the recovery mode using ROM Manager. As soon as in Recovery Mode, go to ROM Manager and select backup / restore to back-up your information.

4. From the Recovery Menu do a total data erase (including Delvik Cache). When completed, go back to Recovery Principal Menu and choose Flash ROM from SD Card. Navigate the location you copied the ”Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150_4.4 KitKat.zip” file and follow the directions for installing Android 4.4 KitKat on your Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150. As soon as the installation is over, just reboot your Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150 device, and here you go, you’ve just upgraded it to the new Android 4.4 KitKat.

Note: Here Is Link To Download the ROM =
The ROM File size is 128 MB, so I split the file into 3 parts :

ROM Part 1 : http://downloadsafe.org/file/0tX959
ROM Part 2 : http://downloadsafe.org/file/0tX962
ROM Part 3 : http://downloadsafe.org/file/0tX965

To combine 3 parts files above into 1 file just use WINRAR, then extract the files into ZIP format.
If any problem with the ROM, maybe because the ROM have corrupted during the download process, you can try to re-download the ROM.

I hope it will help you.:good:

Reactions: psycho0o

hopsin4444

Aug 17, 2013
denver
fastunlockandmore2.webs.com
hey guys i saw the new updated samsung list :
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317
Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-t217a
Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-i537
Samsung Galaxy Mega SGH-i527
Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-c105a
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900a
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 SGH-i467
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini SM-g730a

so the 5.8 version wont get the update ?
i wanna buy it but i'm afraid that samsung may stop support that phone

Hey where did you get this list at can you post a link!?

Sent from my sgh-i527 with xda premium 4

HOPSIN-KAT KEYBOARDS IS NOW UP AND RUNNING CHECK EM OUT OVER AT THE CANDY SHOP!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52221912

psycho0o

Mar 13, 2014
phandroid.com/2014/02/06/samsung-kitkat-upgrade-plans/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
okay i will try when i buy it :) thank you :))

Reactions: hopsin4444

Sebaschan

Apr 21, 2009
Not able to download...

I was not able to download any file even though I actually tried to complete the offers.
Isn't there any other way to get this rom?

ajujoseph

Aug 6, 2014
Samsung Mega 5.8

My dear friend, dont evern think of buying a Samsung device unless you can afford Note 4! Their service and updates are horrible! Why dont you just buy a Xiaomi and be happy?Its 4 times better than mage! BTW I do have a Mega, samsung has been saying from October 13 that the update is coming!

j.coudrais

Dec 13, 2007
Mega 5.8 = Core Plus ?

Hi,

it seems that the sames ROM can work for another phone, quite a surprise for me...

Here (kitkatjellybeanfranceb.blogspot.fr/2013/11/tutoriel-installer-44-kitkat-sur-le_2166.html) is an explanation to get KK on Samsung Galaxy Core Plus = SM-G350 .

They use the same 3 files than you (also under ...safe.org)

What do you think about these 2 phones ?

:confused:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Hi,

it seems that the sames ROM can work for another phone, quite a surprise for me...

Here (kitkatjellybeanfranceb.blogspot.fr/2013/11/tutoriel-installer-44-kitkat-sur-le_2166.html) is an explanation to get KK on Samsung Galaxy Core Plus = SM-G350 .

They use the same 3 files than you (also under ...safe.org)

What do you think about these 2 phones ?

:confused:

That site and many other sites like this are scam. Just leave them alone, all they want you to do is complete the offers one after another and earn them money. There's no file offered for download at all.
5.8 users who want KitKat should look to CM11 (and maybe CM12), though whether that works on the single-SIM i9150 is a big question.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
[WARNING: XDA Premium 4.0.13 lacks Signature function - do not update]

j.coudrais

Dec 13, 2007
That site and many other sites like this are scam. Just leave them alone, all they want you to do is complete the offers one after another and earn them money. There's no file offered for download at all.
5.8 users who want KitKat should look to CM11 (and maybe CM12), though whether that works on the single-SIM i9150 is a big question.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
[WARNING: XDA Premium 4.0.13 lacks Signature function - do not update]
Hi

Thank you for answering.

Sure, they want to get money, but just like this post! [emoji4] they use... Safe. Org

So, I'm looking for g350 (Galaxy core plus) rom, that is unknown from CM and others kk ... [emoji20]

Still looking for...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    let’s see how to update Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150 to Android 4.4 KitKat :

1. Install the ROM Manager on your Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150. Get it from Google Play Store, then install the clockwork mod recovery.

2. Connect your Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150 to your PC employing the USB information cable. Copy the “Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150_4.4 KitKat.zip” file you downloaded to the SD memory card.

3. Restart your device in the recovery mode using ROM Manager. As soon as in Recovery Mode, go to ROM Manager and select backup / restore to back-up your information.

4. From the Recovery Menu do a total data erase (including Delvik Cache). When completed, go back to Recovery Principal Menu and choose Flash ROM from SD Card. Navigate the location you copied the ”Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150_4.4 KitKat.zip” file and follow the directions for installing Android 4.4 KitKat on your Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150. As soon as the installation is over, just reboot your Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9150 device, and here you go, you’ve just upgraded it to the new Android 4.4 KitKat.

Note: Here Is Link To Download the ROM =
    The ROM File size is 128 MB, so I split the file into 3 parts :

ROM Part 1 : http://downloadsafe.org/file/0tX959
    ROM Part 2 : http://downloadsafe.org/file/0tX962
    ROM Part 3 : http://downloadsafe.org/file/0tX965

To combine 3 parts files above into 1 file just use WINRAR, then extract the files into ZIP format.
    If any problem with the ROM, maybe because the ROM have corrupted during the download process, you can try to re-download the ROM.

I hope it will help you.:good:
    phandroid.com/2014/02/06/samsung-kitkat-upgrade-plans/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    okay i will try when i buy it :) thank you :))