[Q] New update vs Root

Search This thread

alexvtr

I have a D803 (Rogers, Canada) running stock KK 4.4.2 rooted (4.2.2 was rooted and I kept it when upgrading to KK).
Now, a new update is available (with, among other goodies, Knock Code).
Phone notifies me an update is ready. I can download it but can't install because the installer stops and displays "root is suspected".

Anyone knows a way to install the update?
Do I have to "unroot" for real or can the installer be tricked into thinking the phone is unrooted (like some sort of temporary unroot).
Thanks!

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
I have a D803 (Rogers, Canada) running stock KK 4.4.2 rooted (4.2.2 was rooted and I kept it when upgrading to KK).
Now, a new update is available (with, among other goodies, Knock Code).
Phone notifies me an update is ready. I can download it but can't install because the installer stops and displays "root is suspected".

Anyone knows a way to install the update?
Do I have to "unroot" for real or can the installer be tricked into thinking the phone is unrooted (like some sort of temporary unroot).
Thanks!

Have you removed bloat/modified the system(xposed/mods) If so then you have to put everything back to stock

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

rezadue

Jun 14, 2011
Ottawa
I am in the same boat. My phone is rooted and has no bloat but it took the Kit Kat update. Now that the knock code update is out, it won't let me take the update. I get the "suspected of rooting" error message too. Only difference is I am running some Xposed modules.

I disabled my Xposed modules but left everything installed. Rebooted and attempted the update again. Still the same problem.
Then I uninstalled Xposed and all its modules and still the same problem.

If you find out how to take the update, please up date this post so the rest of us know how as well.

Thanks
Have you removed bloat/modified the system(xposed/mods) If so then you have to put everything back to stock

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
I am in the same boat. My phone is rooted and has no bloat but it took the Kit Kat update. Now that the knock code update is out, it won't let me take the update. I get the "suspected of rooting" error message too. Only difference is I am running some Xposed modules.

I disabled my Xposed modules but left everything installed. Rebooted and attempted the update again. Still the same problem.
Then I uninstalled Xposed and all its modules and still the same problem.

If you find out how to take the update, please up date this post so the rest of us know how as well.

Thanks

everything needs to be completely stock so that you can ota, if it gives the suspected of rooting then the only way to ota is to flash a stock kdz via r&d/flash tool and then update

natureburger

Feb 24, 2014
Have stock with root and exposed and modded camera. Not risking the update. I just tap to install and then when prompted to continue, hit cancel.

Knock code does not offer me anything. So unless there is a good reason to have to re-configure the whole bloody phone ... this update will not be missed.