Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 48,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck on Philz boot

Tip us?

majaretilla
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiDai View Post
Use a separate Samsung USB driver package (please search for it yourself) , do not install it with Kies.
I agree, that should be ur next step.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 4

ThaiDai
Old
Thanks Meter 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermorse View Post
i think something has changed just now. i'll wait till i finish downloading the stock rom to flash with odin and then see what happens.

But actually main question is: why can't i flash a rom with philz? I have put two roms on the microsd (one omnirom and one cyanogen official stable) and I keep getting the installation aborted message
Did you ever consider (in the nearly 5 years of XDA membership) that it might be a good idea to read the installation instructions for the rom you want to install or to search for an error happening to you. If you didn't consider this until now: the time has come to start.
And if you do not like to accept the help members offer it is essential to do these two activities youself.

rogermorse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiDai View Post
Did you ever consider (in the nearly 5 years of XDA membership) that it might be a good idea to read the installation instructions for the rom you want to install or to search for an error happening to you. If you didn't consider this until now: the time has come to start.
And if you do not like to accept the help members offer it is essential to do these two activities youself.
I read instructions of course....my problem was not related to instructions (although i think my recovery mod was not compatible with the omni rom i was trying to install) and that kies thing was an anomaly. I had to wait till the stock rom finished downloading to reboot (windows asked to reboot after some time....maybe related to the installation of usb drivers but i am not sure).

Finally through Philz I was able to install a cyanogen 10.1.3 from the microsd....why I got the error with those other roms is only part of my ignorance, as I said maybe the recovery i have was not compatible (???)

thanks anyway, if I need odin to recover root access or something I'll follow your instructions in case it still doesn't recognize the connected device.

ThaiDai
Old
Thanks Meter 2,646
Of course your problems are related to instructions and not reading/understanding. Because these problems occured many times and were solved and got part of tutorials, q&a etc.

rogermorse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
i searched the forum, found a couple thread entitled exactly like mine. I think one of them even had the tag 'solved' in the title. Problem is, who solved the problem never included the solution, so what is the point....And I don't get this aggression, obviously if I have a problem I try everything to fix it. I would read instructions and I also googled a lot to understand why i was getting that error from the recovery zip installation....it is not like I don't try, why wouldn't I want to solve my own problems? Also people were receiving that same error with compatible recovery / roms images....and got around the problem with many tries but I did not find any particular solution written anywhere.