Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Stuck on Philz boot

OP rogermorse

5th May 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 5

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiDai

Use a separate Samsung USB driver package (please search for it yourself) , do not install it with Kies.

I agree, that should be ur next step.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 4
5th May 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #12  
Flag Aachen/หนองบัวลำภู
Thanks Meter: 2,700

2,440 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermorse

i think something has changed just now. i'll wait till i finish downloading the stock rom to flash with odin and then see what happens.

But actually main question is: why can't i flash a rom with philz? I have put two roms on the microsd (one omnirom and one cyanogen official stable) and I keep getting the installation aborted message

Did you ever consider (in the nearly 5 years of XDA membership) that it might be a good idea to read the installation instructions for the rom you want to install or to search for an error happening to you. If you didn't consider this until now: the time has come to start.
And if you do not like to accept the help members offer it is essential to do these two activities youself.
5th May 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

184 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiDai

Did you ever consider (in the nearly 5 years of XDA membership) that it might be a good idea to read the installation instructions for the rom you want to install or to search for an error happening to you. If you didn't consider this until now: the time has come to start.
And if you do not like to accept the help members offer it is essential to do these two activities youself.

I read instructions of course....my problem was not related to instructions (although i think my recovery mod was not compatible with the omni rom i was trying to install) and that kies thing was an anomaly. I had to wait till the stock rom finished downloading to reboot (windows asked to reboot after some time....maybe related to the installation of usb drivers but i am not sure).

Finally through Philz I was able to install a cyanogen 10.1.3 from the microsd....why I got the error with those other roms is only part of my ignorance, as I said maybe the recovery i have was not compatible (???)

thanks anyway, if I need odin to recover root access or something I'll follow your instructions in case it still doesn't recognize the connected device.
5th May 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #14  
Flag Aachen/หนองบัวลำภู
Thanks Meter: 2,700

2,440 posts
More
Of course your problems are related to instructions and not reading/understanding. Because these problems occured many times and were solved and got part of tutorials, q&a etc.
5th May 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

184 posts
i searched the forum, found a couple thread entitled exactly like mine. I think one of them even had the tag 'solved' in the title. Problem is, who solved the problem never included the solution, so what is the point....And I don't get this aggression, obviously if I have a problem I try everything to fix it. I would read instructions and I also googled a lot to understand why i was getting that error from the recovery zip installation....it is not like I don't try, why wouldn't I want to solve my own problems? Also people were receiving that same error with compatible recovery / roms images....and got around the problem with many tries but I did not find any particular solution written anywhere.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread