Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,490 Members 44,403 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any JB/KK ROMs that have 100% working data?

Tip us?

gm2racer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] Any JB/KK ROMs that have 100% working data?

I need to resurrect my Fascinate so that my son can bring it on a class trip. The phone currently has an unofficial CM11 build installed, but supposedly it has issues switching between 3G and wifi data (like most JB/KK ROMs). The phone hasn't had service for over two years, although I did need to reactivate it after when I sent my SGS3 in for repairs. At the time I was running nightly Cyanogenmod builds and they didn't seem to have data issues.

Can somebody recommend a solid ROM that has working data? I'd even be willing to install CM 7.2 stable if enough folks recommend it...

Thanks!

skepticmisfit
Old
Thanks Meter 122
the latest cm10.1 nightly has stable data, along with helly bean (if you want something a bit more customizable). so pretty much anything based on cm10.1 is good.
i think most of the ICS ROMs had stable data too (i personally run teamhacksung build 15 as a daily driver)
cm7.2 has stable data, however, when you're on wifi it likes to break itself every now and then, and rebooting when wifi is on requires toggling either wifi or airplane mode to get it working

Legitsu
Old
(Last edited by Legitsu; 5th May 2014 at 05:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
I am running nottas latest pa build so far I haven't had any issues with data randomly disconnecting but i only used it for like 20m without wifi
http://goo.im/devs/notta/roms/fascinatemtd/
I also enabled the 3g speed hack via buildprop so that might be a factor

gm2racer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit View Post
the latest cm10.1 nightly has stable data
The last nightly on download.cyanogenmod.org is from 2013-07-23. Is this the one you are referring to?

Thanks!

skepticmisfit
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2racer View Post
The last nightly on download.cyanogenmod.org is from 2013-07-23. Is this the one you are referring to?

Thanks!
yeah