Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,864 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][Xposed] HTC Gesture Modifier

Tip us?
 
MohammadAG
Old
(Last edited by MohammadAG; 5th May 2014 at 04:54 PM.)
#1  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4681
Posts: 1,060
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jerusalem

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD][Xposed] HTC Gesture Modifier

Requires Xposed Framework!

This module allows you to change the gestures on the HTC One (M8), this is specific to the gestures when the screen is off.

Screenshot:


Compatibility:
HTC One (M8) one 4.4.2

Source:
The mod is open source: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed...sture-Modifier
You may NOT distribute this app on the Play Store, paid or free.

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.m...esturemodifier

Support development:
If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beamô on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Vandam500
Old
#2  
Vandam500's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 271
Posts: 1,880
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Smyrna, Georgia
This looks awesome. I'll install Xposed just for this and will report back!
Current Phone: One M8

Previous Phones: Nexus One | Evo 4G | G2 | Nexus S | Sensation 4G | Epic 4G Touch | Note 2 | Note 3
Follow me on Twitter: @sk1pzter
 
shorty1483
Old
#3  
shorty1483's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 332
Posts: 1,022
Join Date: May 2009
Will this work also when changing to AOSP Lockscreen?

HTC One (M8) - ViperOne - ElementalX or Faux Kernel - Viper4Android FX - S-Off - FW 2.22.401.4 - SUPERCID - Root
Galaxy SIII - Now for the wife - Resurrection Remix - Boeffla Kernel - Viper4Android FX - Root

If I helped, press thanks...
 
sparky_005
Old
(Last edited by sparky_005; 5th May 2014 at 07:15 PM.)
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 205
Join Date: Apr 2014
I've been hoping somebody would come up with this, thank you!

I know it's version one but on my device (Verizon running SkyFall ROM and Evo's kernel) the Google voice gesture doesn't turn the screen on. It works, but the screen is still off lol. Just a heads up!

Sent from my VZW HTC One M8

EDIT: Didn't realize you mentioned that on the download page in Xposed... disregard :P
 
MohammadAG
Old
#5  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4681
Posts: 1,060
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jerusalem

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_005 View Post
I've been hoping somebody would come up with this, thank you!

I know it's version one but on my device (Verizon running SkyFall ROM and Evo's kernel) the Google voice gesture doesn't turn the screen on. It works, but the screen is still off lol. Just a heads up!

Sent from my VZW HTC One M8

EDIT: Didn't realize you mentioned that on the download page in Xposed... disregard :P
Actually Google Voice Search should turn on the screen, it has a flag set on it that does that.
I can add the option to turn on the screen manually if it doesn't work for some reason.

Do you have a passcode set? (Although I did test that too)
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beamô on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls
 
sparky_005
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 205
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Actually Google Voice Search should turn on the screen, it has a flag set on it that does that.
I can add the option to turn on the screen manually if it doesn't work for some reason.

Do you have a passcode set? (Although I did test that too)
I have a lockscreen set but no passcode. Google Voice starts (I can hear the chime) but the screen doesn't turn on and it immediately quits. Everything else seems to work just fine. I just took a glance at your source, and I noticed that there's no call to wakeUpDevice in the performAction method (for Voice anyway.) Could that be the issue?

I tried adding that and testing it myself, but for some reason when I compile and run on my device, nothing at all works. So clearly I'm doing something wrong on that front :P
 
MohammadAG
Old
#7  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4681
Posts: 1,060
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jerusalem

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_005 View Post
I have a lockscreen set but no passcode. Google Voice starts (I can hear the chime) but the screen doesn't turn on and it immediately quits. Everything else seems to work just fine. I just took a glance at your source, and I noticed that there's no call to wakeUpDevice in the performAction method (for Voice anyway.) Could that be the issue?

I tried adding that and testing it myself, but for some reason when I compile and run on my device, nothing at all works. So clearly I'm doing something wrong on that front :P
Yeah, it's not there cause there's a flag set with intent.addFlags that turns the screen on.

It probably didn't work cause you didn't wait for Xposed to update the module list. Toggle the module and reboot.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beamô on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls
 
sparky_005
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 205
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Yeah, it's not there cause there's a flag set with intent.addFlags that turns the screen on.

It probably didn't work cause you didn't wait for Xposed to update the module list. Toggle the module and reboot.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Gotcha. I don't know that much about developing for Android. I activate the module and reboot though, to no avail

Sent from my VZW HTC One M8
 
ssojyeti2
Old
#9  
ssojyeti2's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2641
Posts: 3,084
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Miami Beach

 
DONATE TO ME
Nice mod! Any way to have the phone not wake up with the music prev/next gestures?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssojyeti2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MohammadAG
Old
#10  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4681
Posts: 1,060
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jerusalem

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssojyeti2 View Post
Nice mod! Any way to have the phone not wake up with the music prev/next gestures?
That was the original goal, but after a gesture is detected no more gestures are recorded, so you either have to turn on the screen yourself or not use gestures.

I mentioned it in the repository link description. I have no idea if this is a thing in the SensorHub hardware, the kernel, or SensorHubService I'm hooking, so it needs more time to see if it's possible.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Follow me on Twitter: @MohammadAG
Google+: https://plus.google.com/103508952817353883168/posts

Check out my Xposed modules.
Send files with Android Beamô on Android 4.1+: File Beam (Touch to Send)
Enable USB Mass Storage Mode on Samsung devices with SG USB Mass Storage Enabler.
Use your flashlight at different brightness levels with Adjustable Torch.
Enable Music Controls on your S-View screen with S-View Music Controls

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings

To be brutally honest, the native options for screen … more

Change the Alarm Icon in the Status Bar with Xposed

It’s hard to find a more hated object than your alarm clock. They wake us up nearly … more

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more