Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screenshot lag

Tip us?

spetzuu
Old
(Last edited by spetzuu; 4th May 2014 at 10:20 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Screenshot lag

One thing that's bothered me about samsung phones is the 1+ second lag between pressing home and power for screenshot.

I'm kind of ashamed of this because my brother's old iphone4s instantaneously takes screenshots.

Is there some manual way to change the amount of seconds it takes for it to register a screenshot? Or a mod?

Thanks!😊

Sent from my Russian AK-57

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetzuu View Post
One thing that's bothered me about samsung phones is the 1+ second lag between pressing home and power for screenshot.

I'm kind of ashamed of this because my brother's old iphone4s instantaneously takes screenshots.

Is there some manual way to change the amount of seconds it takes for it to register a screenshot? Or a mod?

Thanks!😊

There is an Xposed Module that decreases the delay but I don't see why you'd be ashamed of the delay, there is no advantage or benefit to taking faster screenshots.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"

spetzuu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23 View Post
There is an Xposed Module that decreases the delay but I don't see why you'd be ashamed of the delay, there is no advantage or benefit to taking faster screenshots.
Yes I tried that but it had no effect.

It's just that I have a rooted phone and anything I wish to do should be able to be done. When u use alot of screenshotting it would matter to you to.

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetzuu View Post
Yes I tried that but it had no effect.

It's just that I have a rooted phone and anything I wish to do should be able to be done. When u use alot of screenshotting it would matter to you to.

I take a lot of screenshots and the delay doesn't bother me.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"

chriskader
Old
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
The delay can cause issues when trying to screenshot something that is time sensitive, such as something in a game.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Verizon Note 3 with Rick's Rom

spetzuu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskader View Post
The delay can cause issues when trying to screenshot something that is time sensitive, such as something in a game.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yes that too. I know there's a xda post on manually shortening the delay in system on ICS, I'm just wondering if someone knows of a way to do it on 4.3 note3 vzw.