Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 41,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock browser

Tip us?

Mr. bird
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Default Stock browser

Is there any way someone could pull the stock browser.apk so I can side load it on my S5. The new s5 comes with chrome but I kinda like the S4 stock browser for certain things. I know there is at least one other member with an s5 that would like it too. I searched Google but couldn't find it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

ammjr71
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Default Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. bird View Post
Is there any way someone could pull the stock browser.apk so I can side load it on my S5. The new s5 comes with chrome but I kinda like the S4 stock browser for certain things. I know there is at least one other member with an s5 that would like it too. I searched Google but couldn't find it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6lneep8qt...p.sbrowser.apk

There you go buddy.
The Following User Says Thank You to ammjr71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr. bird
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammjr71 View Post
Thank you. I tried to install it but it failed. It goes through the process of installing but then says "app now installed". I guess it won't work for whatever reason. Do you know how I could possibly get it to work? I don't have any clue to what I can try if there is anything..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ammjr71
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. bird View Post
Thank you. I tried to install it but it failed. It goes through the process of installing but then says "app now installed". I guess it won't work for whatever reason. Do you know how I could possibly get it to work? I don't have any clue to what I can try if there is anything..

Are you rooted? I haven't looked to see if there is root for the S5 yet... if so, you'd have to push it to system and change permissions to rw r r with a root explorer.
The Following User Says Thank You to ammjr71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr. bird
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Are you rooted? I haven't looked to see if there is root for the S5 yet... if so, you'd have to push it to system and change permissions to rw r r with a root explorer.
Yeah that's what I was thinking might work but there isn't root for the Verizon s5 yet. And I'm not sure if I could get away with rooting with Knox and being on the edge program. I don't think they would like the Knox counter marked when they get the phone back. I'll play with other Web browsers till I find one that suits my needs. Thanks for your help

ammjr71
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
No problem. I used https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...asyweb.browser this one before, it's pretty good. But I decided I liked Chrome better.

Mr. bird
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
No problem. I used https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...asyweb.browser this one before, it's pretty good. But I decided I liked Chrome better.
My only problem with chrome is that it has problems with embedded youtube videos. Sometimes there isn't sound and other times the sound comes out of the ear speaker instead of the back. If it wasn't for that I would be happy with chrome