Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Stock browser

OP Mr. bird

4th May 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 123

536 posts
Is there any way someone could pull the stock browser.apk so I can side load it on my S5. The new s5 comes with chrome but I kinda like the S4 stock browser for certain things. I know there is at least one other member with an s5 that would like it too. I searched Google but couldn't find it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
5th May 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag Webster, NY
Thanks Meter: 34

92 posts
More
Enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. bird

Is there any way someone could pull the stock browser.apk so I can side load it on my S5. The new s5 comes with chrome but I kinda like the S4 stock browser for certain things. I know there is at least one other member with an s5 that would like it too. I searched Google but couldn't find it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6lneep8qt...p.sbrowser.apk

There you go buddy.
The Following User Says Thank You to ammjr71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

536 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammjr71

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6lneep8qt...p.sbrowser.apk

There you go buddy.

Thank you. I tried to install it but it failed. It goes through the process of installing but then says "app now installed". I guess it won't work for whatever reason. Do you know how I could possibly get it to work? I don't have any clue to what I can try if there is anything..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
5th May 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #4  
Flag Webster, NY

92 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. bird

Thank you. I tried to install it but it failed. It goes through the process of installing but then says "app now installed". I guess it won't work for whatever reason. Do you know how I could possibly get it to work? I don't have any clue to what I can try if there is anything..

Are you rooted? I haven't looked to see if there is root for the S5 yet... if so, you'd have to push it to system and change permissions to rw r r with a root explorer.
The Following User Says Thank You to ammjr71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

536 posts
Quote:

Are you rooted? I haven't looked to see if there is root for the S5 yet... if so, you'd have to push it to system and change permissions to rw r r with a root explorer.

Yeah that's what I was thinking might work but there isn't root for the Verizon s5 yet. And I'm not sure if I could get away with rooting with Knox and being on the edge program. I don't think they would like the Knox counter marked when they get the phone back. I'll play with other Web browsers till I find one that suits my needs. Thanks for your help

5th May 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #6  
Flag Webster, NY

92 posts
More
No problem. I used https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...asyweb.browser this one before, it's pretty good. But I decided I liked Chrome better.
5th May 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

536 posts
Quote:

No problem. I used https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...asyweb.browser this one before, it's pretty good. But I decided I liked Chrome better.

My only problem with chrome is that it has problems with embedded youtube videos. Sometimes there isn't sound and other times the sound comes out of the ear speaker instead of the back. If it wasn't for that I would be happy with chrome

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread