FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Stock browser

548 posts
Thanks Meter: 125
 
By Mr. bird, Senior Member on 4th May 2014, 06:16 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is there any way someone could pull the stock browser.apk so I can side load it on my S5. The new s5 comes with chrome but I kinda like the S4 stock browser for certain things. I know there is at least one other member with an s5 that would like it too. I searched Google but couldn't find it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
 
 
5th May 2014, 01:17 PM |#2  
Member
Flag Webster, NY
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. bird

Is there any way someone could pull the stock browser.apk so I can side load it on my S5. The new s5 comes with chrome but I kinda like the S4 stock browser for certain things. I know there is at least one other member with an s5 that would like it too. I searched Google but couldn't find it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6lneep8qt...p.sbrowser.apk

There you go buddy.
The Following User Says Thank You to ammjr71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 02:36 PM |#3  
Mr. bird's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammjr71

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6lneep8qt...p.sbrowser.apk

There you go buddy.

Thank you. I tried to install it but it failed. It goes through the process of installing but then says "app now installed". I guess it won't work for whatever reason. Do you know how I could possibly get it to work? I don't have any clue to what I can try if there is anything..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
5th May 2014, 02:46 PM |#4  
Member
Flag Webster, NY
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. bird

Thank you. I tried to install it but it failed. It goes through the process of installing but then says "app now installed". I guess it won't work for whatever reason. Do you know how I could possibly get it to work? I don't have any clue to what I can try if there is anything..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Are you rooted? I haven't looked to see if there is root for the S5 yet... if so, you'd have to push it to system and change permissions to rw r r with a root explorer.
The Following User Says Thank You to ammjr71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 02:51 PM |#5  
Mr. bird's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammjr71

Are you rooted? I haven't looked to see if there is root for the S5 yet... if so, you'd have to push it to system and change permissions to rw r r with a root explorer.

Yeah that's what I was thinking might work but there isn't root for the Verizon s5 yet. And I'm not sure if I could get away with rooting with Knox and being on the edge program. I don't think they would like the Knox counter marked when they get the phone back. I'll play with other Web browsers till I find one that suits my needs. Thanks for your help

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
5th May 2014, 02:57 PM |#6  
Member
Flag Webster, NY
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
No problem. I used https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...asyweb.browser this one before, it's pretty good. But I decided I liked Chrome better.
5th May 2014, 06:08 PM |#7  
Mr. bird's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammjr71

No problem. I used https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...asyweb.browser this one before, it's pretty good. But I decided I liked Chrome better.

My only problem with chrome is that it has problems with embedded youtube videos. Sometimes there isn't sound and other times the sound comes out of the ear speaker instead of the back. If it wasn't for that I would be happy with chrome

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes