Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 41,027 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Out of box system updates

Tip us?

drzoo2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Out of box system updates

I'm picking up the M8 tomorrow after work. Just wondering if I should avoid any out of box system updates that are currently available that will stop me from rooting. I looked around the M8 forums last night and didn't sees any threads on the subject. Sorry if it has already been asked.

Should I expect to see any after activation?

Sent from my LG-V500

Keithn
Old
Thanks Meter 75
I haven't heard of any issues but I just S-Off and flashed everything through fastboot so I never took an ota. If you are unsure just don't take any updates until after using firewater if that's your plan.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Shamestick
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by drzoo2 View Post
I'm picking up the M8 tomorrow after work. Just wondering if I should avoid any out of box system updates that are currently available that will stop me from rooting. I looked around the M8 forums last night and didn't sees any threads on the subject. Sorry if it has already been asked.

Should I expect to see any after activation?

Sent from my LG-V500
I got mine and it was on version 1.12.xxx and there was an ota to 1.55.605.2 and I took it naturally and then got s-off, root and recovery. So as long as there wasn't another one you should be good to do it ibn whatever order you prefer
The Following User Says Thank You to Shamestick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]