Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 43,884 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gear 2 prototype/pre-production unit..

Tip us?

zoso28
Old
(Last edited by zoso28; 1st May 2014 at 08:05 PM.) Reason: changed pic
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default Gear 2 prototype/pre-production unit..

So I was given this Gear 2 pre-production unit to play with, but Tizen is completely new to me and I can't get rid of this diagnostic screen. It's kind of cool to come across it, but it's useless as a device as is. Obviously I cant odin it back to stock, and I doubt it's useful like a pre-production Galaxy S5 might be, but any idea's what can be done with it?

edit: took the original photo down in case there are any IP issues that could be a prob.. Putting a blurry one up for the thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140430_211434-2.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	2720019
CURRENT: Galaxy S5 [Towelrooted Safestrapped Xposed]; T-Mo Galaxy Note 3 on Int'l xposed; At&t Galaxy Note 3 [Xposed]

RETIRED: Galaxy Note 2 [Int'l Xposed ROM]; Galaxy S IV; Galaxy S III [Task650 JB]; LG Optimus G Pro; Galaxy Note I717; BB Bold 9900 [Hybrid 7.1] iPhone 4s [jailbroken]; Galaxy S II [AOKP]; Moto Atrix 4G [CM7 Ba2tF @ 1.3GHz]; iPhone 4S; Captivate [Serendipity]; iPhone 4; BB 9800; HTC HD2 [CM7/WP7/ICS]; BB 9000 [Hybrid]; iPhone 3GS [Jailbroken]; HTC TyTN

thesparky007
Old
Thanks Meter 912
Before you do anything, you may wanna get in touch with a dev to see if that build has root enabled!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Velrix
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Do you have the SDK installed? If so I would like to have you run a few commands to see what we can do with it. PM me or reply!

zoso28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velrix View Post
Do you have the SDK installed? If so I would like to have you run a few commands to see what we can do with it. PM me or reply!
Not for Tizen yet but I can download it when I'm home.
CURRENT: Galaxy S5 [Towelrooted Safestrapped Xposed]; T-Mo Galaxy Note 3 on Int'l xposed; At&t Galaxy Note 3 [Xposed]

RETIRED: Galaxy Note 2 [Int'l Xposed ROM]; Galaxy S IV; Galaxy S III [Task650 JB]; LG Optimus G Pro; Galaxy Note I717; BB Bold 9900 [Hybrid 7.1] iPhone 4s [jailbroken]; Galaxy S II [AOKP]; Moto Atrix 4G [CM7 Ba2tF @ 1.3GHz]; iPhone 4S; Captivate [Serendipity]; iPhone 4; BB 9800; HTC HD2 [CM7/WP7/ICS]; BB 9000 [Hybrid]; iPhone 3GS [Jailbroken]; HTC TyTN

Velrix
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoso28 View Post
Let me know when you do. I got a few things we can try. Hopefully we can dump the kernel/bootloaders where I have failed with a production device. This may get us closer to getting root access.
The Following User Says Thank You to Velrix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BigDanInTX
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velrix View Post
Let me know when you do. I got a few things we can try. Hopefully we can dump the kernel/bootloaders where I have failed with a production device. This may get us closer to getting root access.
This could be gold to the hardcore developers... =-]
Samsung Galaxy SIII | Samsung Gear 2 Neo | Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Velrix
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:

PM sent with the commands to run and information needed. You can post a reply in thread or PM. Thanks!

Velrix
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:

Hey is there any updates for this? We are desperately awaiting an update!

zoso28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Keep getting java errors with the sdk install. I'll work it out tonight on another pc