Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] greek keyboard change

Tip us?

thomasmeredas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gianton View Post
Can't think of anything else than reflash your ROM with no wipes.
Not that good with phones

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasmeredas View Post
I have both Greek and English selected on my Note 3 but I can't switch between the two at all. Swiping the spacebar does nothing and there's no globe button. The only way I can use the Greek keyboard is if Greek is the only input language selected. Then to switch back to English, I'll have to uncheck Greek and check English again. If both are selected, only English is shown on my keyboard..... I can't find a way to switch between them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
What firmware are you on? Are you rooted?

Here is how the Samsung keyboard looks for me inside the Samsung SMS app on firmware MJ7 (4.3) + the hack to enable extended symbols. In the Samsung keyboard there seems to no longer be an option to switch languages when you swipe over space (and I also use swiping as input method) but you can see a small button in the bottom-left (just to the right of the SYM key) and when you short-press on that I switch languages. The "swipe over space" option is still present in other keyboards and might be even a hidden option for the Samsung keyboard (but you might need root).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	2721310  
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

thomasmeredas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
What firmware are you on? Are you rooted?

Here is how the Samsung keyboard looks for me inside the Samsung SMS app on firmware MJ7 (4.3) + the hack to enable extended symbols. In the Samsung keyboard there seems to no longer be an option to switch languages when you swipe over space (and I also use swiping as input method) but you can see a small button in the bottom-left (just to the right of the SYM key) and when you short-press on that I switch languages. The "swipe over space" option is still present in other keyboards and might be even a hidden option for the Samsung keyboard (but you might need root).
The thing is that I don't want to root my phone because I don't want to lose my warranty......also have the latest kitkat

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
The thing is that I don't want to root my phone because I don't want to lose my warranty......also have the latest kitkat
The only other idea that I have is to long-press on space. And eventually on the button that is two places left from space - after a long-press you might get to see a list and the button like a globe is the one that switches between languages.

Also check what other version you have on English and Greek after the > sign in settings - that part is not present in my firmware so extra settings might be there.

Also the language availability might depend on the app itself - so also do a test in the Samsung default SMS app.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

thomasmeredas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
The only other idea that I have is to long-press on space. And eventually on the button that is two places left from space - after a long-press you might get to see a list and the button like a globe is the one that switches between languages.

Also check what other version you have on English and Greek after the > sign in settings - that part is not present in my firmware so extra settings might be there.

Also the language availability might depend on the app itself - so also do a test in the Samsung default SMS app.
Again nothin...... damn it that latest kitkat update

makakikou
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default I have the same problem on S5 N900H

Quote:
Again nothin...... damn it that latest kitkat update
After some updates (I don't know which update excatly ) I can't switch between languages by swipping space bar .
I did full wipe ... it's ok for one day but after some updates again the problem is here and no arrows on the space bar...

thomasmeredas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by makakikou View Post
After some updates (I don't know which update excatly ) I can't switch between languages by swipping space bar .
I did full wipe ... it's ok for one day but after some updates again the problem is here and no arrows on the space bar...
I know man this is too annoying

chg1282002
Old
(Last edited by chg1282002; 4th May 2014 at 09:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
mine is ok ,I can switch between languages by swipping space bar.........go to SETTINGS - ACCESSIBILITY- look at the SERVICES - my talk back is OFF.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-04-21-36-57.png
Views:	19
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	2725756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-04-21-37-03.png
Views:	15
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	2725757  
Samsung Note 3 LTE ( Sim Free )
Baseband Version : N9005XXUENB1 ( 4.4.2 )
iPhone 5 IOS 7.1 ( 11D167 ) Factory Unlocked

thomasmeredas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chg1282002 View Post
mine is ok ,I can switch between languages by swipping space bar.........go to SETTINGS - ACCESSIBILITY- look at the SERVICES - my talk back is OFF.
Omg you're my hero i switched talk balk on and then off and it is fine now