Post Reply

[Q] Two issues with my Moto G

OP coursemyhorse

1st May 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Hi all. I have some problems with my Moto G about 5 months old.

1: I keep getting a sim card error where it says no sim is inserted. I am aware that you are not meant to use an adapter. I am trying to work out if this is an issue with the actual physical slot being lose or if it is down to a dodgey sim. Is there a known issue where the slots need repair or is it most likely going to be the sim? I will test with another sim tonight. It's very intermittant though unfortunately and can be fine for a week and then do it. To resolve, I simply remove and reinsert the sim.

2: The ear piece (for calls I mean, i.e. not the external speaker) is distorted during calls. It's actually sounds more like the actual casing or ear piece is vibrating/resonating like a slight buzz when people speak to me. It's really annoying.

Should I just get the phone replaced? Annoying as it's such a good phone otherwise and I have paid already to unlock it.

Thanks
1st May 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #2  
zener773's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
112 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Whenever I listen to music, i have to reboot my moto g after unplugging any headphones. If i don't, the earpiece and speaker wont work. Is as if the phone thinks the headphones are still plugged in. I might return the unit for repair depending on the warranty.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #3  
Lemagex's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 139
 
227 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by coursemyhorse

Hi all. I have some problems with my Moto G about 5 months old.

1: I keep getting a sim card error where it says no sim is inserted. I am aware that you are not meant to use an adapter. I am trying to work out if this is an issue with the actual physical slot being lose or if it is down to a dodgey sim. Is there a known issue where the slots need repair or is it most likely going to be the sim? I will test with another sim tonight. It's very intermittant though unfortunately and can be fine for a week and then do it. To resolve, I simply remove and reinsert the sim.

2: The ear piece (for calls I mean, i.e. not the external speaker) is distorted during calls. It's actually sounds more like the actual casing or ear piece is vibrating/resonating like a slight buzz when people speak to me. It's really annoying.

Should I just get the phone replaced? Annoying as it's such a good phone otherwise and I have paid already to unlock it.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zener773

Whenever I listen to music, i have to reboot my moto g after unplugging any headphones. If i don't, the earpiece and speaker wont work. Is as if the phone thinks the headphones are still plugged in. I might return the unit for repair depending on the warranty.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Both of you, I would return and have the phone replaced, Mine is not doing any of those problems on official rom AND custom rom..
2nd May 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
@coursemyhorse: This is a known problem of the moto g. Check the official Motorola forum and you'll see you're not the only one...
I had also the problem with the earpiece, they replaced the earpiece and now it's working fine again.
2nd May 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B@Zzz...

@coursemyhorse: This is a known problem of the moto g. Check the official Motorola forum and you'll see you're not the only one...
I had also the problem with the earpiece, they replaced the earpiece and now it's working fine again.

Wow. Just went to turn my Moto G on and it's now completely dead. It just won't turn on at all. I have no luck with phones. Winds me up. I guess I need to get this replaced then.
2nd May 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
That's also a known issue... Most moto g have a battery drop one time. Try to charge the battery for a few hours and then turn it on again.
2nd May 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coursemyhorse

Wow. Just went to turn my Moto G on and it's now completely dead. It just won't turn on at all. I have no luck with phones. Winds me up. I guess I need to get this replaced then.

Ok wierd. It seemed like it was bricked but it was actually I think because the battery got so low that it needed a reset to actually take charge again.

EDIT: Yes thanks to the above for your help. So I bought this in Tesco UK. Reckon I should go back to them to get it replaced? I don't want the hassle if it won't fix either the sim thing or the ear piece. If they will continue to be problems I think I want a different phone. I checked the motorola forums and in fact, it seems that people have had the phone replaced up to twice and they still have the ear piece crackle/buzz problem. Some are saying it is a software problem since kitkat and that motorola will be looking to fix in a later udpate.
2nd May 2014, 10:54 AM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Yes, it seems the damaged earpiece is caused by the update, but they replaced my earpiece and untill now it stil works.
If you want to send it back for repair, just contact Motorola, they will help you further.
5th May 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B@Zzz...

Yes, it seems the damaged earpiece is caused by the update, but they replaced my earpiece and untill now it stil works.
If you want to send it back for repair, just contact Motorola, they will help you further.

Any news on the ear piece problem then?
5th May 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Since the replacement my earpiece still works good . They still don't have a real fix for it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank