Post Reply

[Q] HTC Warrenty

OP Edris89

29th April 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #1  
Edris89's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
170 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Hi guys, I bought htc one, almost 6 month ago. It was amazing nd all but i still felt it wasnt working well.
Then i used some roms .. didnt help much. battery was killed. I thought it was coz of rom. Well then finally after asking alot of advice here, I returned htc one to 100% factory settings (pain in the a..) then sent it to warrenty.
Here is a list of all things they changed (attachment). Is that normal?
did i have a really badly made htc one? or did i broke the components by using unoffical chargers/roms/kernels etc etc etc.????

Since I have noticed that it works WAY faster and battery is way better than it was.
maybe its coz i used xcover 2 the time htc one was away so i kinda got used to that piece of s... ? anyhow im way more satesfied with it now than before. but still, this is first time i sent phone to warrenty so i dont know if this much changes to the device is normal or not


Ps. The reason for giving it to warrenty: battery would get to 100%, when unpluged worked normal until 60-70%, then it would just die. no way to turn it on without puting it on charger atleast for 20 minutes.
(if i didnt put it on charger.. after 2-3 hours it would magiclly get 20-40% charge lol)


sorry about my english guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0103.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	2715776  
29th April 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,158
 
2,995 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edris89

Hi guys, I bought htc one, almost 6 month ago. It was amazing nd all but i still felt it wasnt working well.
Then i used some roms .. didnt help much. battery was killed. I thought it was coz of rom. Well then finally after asking alot of advice here, I returned htc one to 100% factory settings (pain in the a..) then sent it to warrenty.
Here is a list of all things they changed (attachment). Is that normal?
did i have a really badly made htc one? or did i broke the components by using unoffical chargers/roms/kernels etc etc etc.????

Since I have noticed that it works WAY faster and battery is way better than it was.
maybe its coz i used xcover 2 the time htc one was away so i kinda got used to that piece of s... ? anyhow im way more satesfied with it now than before. but still, this is first time i sent phone to warrenty so i dont know if this much changes to the device is normal or not


Ps. The reason for giving it to warrenty: battery would get to 100%, when unpluged worked normal until 60-70%, then it would just die. no way to turn it on without puting it on charger atleast for 20 minutes.
(if i didnt put it on charger.. after 2-3 hours it would magiclly get 20-40% charge lol)


sorry about my english guys

Wow they changed a lot of things here!

I see 2 options, either your battery over heated and died + damaged some components or they damaged the phone when trying to open it to change the faulty battery/usb port.

Don't worry, at least your phone is working good now, there is so much horror stories about warranty repair here, glad to see yours came back in good condition.
30th April 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #3  
Edris89's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
170 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

Wow they changed a lot of things here!

I see 2 options, either your battery over heated and died + damaged some components or they damaged the phone when trying to open it to change the faulty battery/usb port.

Don't worry, at least your phone is working good now, there is so much horror stories about warranty repair here, glad to see yours came back in good condition.

Thanks for the reply bro.

Now i wanna know what caused the death of the battery. was it coz i used some unoffical chargers?
(like samsung charger which is for note 10.1 tablet, and some nokia chargers)
or was it coz i flashed roms way too frequently?

I m scared to unlock it again and start flashing but i really want to
30th April 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #4  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,158
 
2,995 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edris89

Thanks for the reply bro.

Now i wanna know what caused the death of the battery. was it coz i used some unoffical chargers?
(like samsung charger which is for note 10.1 tablet, and some nokia chargers)
or was it coz i flashed roms way too frequently?

I m scared to unlock it again and start flashing but i really want to

You should only use official chargers, or at least be sure they output the same voltage (5v). There are some tablets charger (i.e Asus TF101) that output 10V and that amount of voltage will probably kill the battery....

Maybe it was only a bad battery, maybe damaged by CPU overheat.... who knows

Flashing roms doesn't damage the battery
5th May 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #5  
Edris89's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
170 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

You should only use official chargers, or at least be sure they output the same voltage (5v). There are some tablets charger (i.e Asus TF101) that output 10V and that amount of voltage will probably kill the battery....

Maybe it was only a bad battery, maybe damaged by CPU overheat.... who knows

Flashing roms doesn't damage the battery

Ok, so the culprit was the tablet charger.

Well its good to know about the roms then finally can get back to CM11 until offical sense 6
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes