Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ftf file not showing in flashtool 0.9.16

Tip us?

seltoon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ftf file not showing in flashtool 0.9.16

I've put the Generic .757 ftf in firmware folder of flashtool. But when I select flashmode in the application, it wouldn't show the ftf to flash.
Any help?

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1093

DONATE TO ME
is flashtool looking in the correct folder?

Make sure you are using the latest flashtool as well
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

seltoon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
is flashtool looking in the correct folder?

Make sure you are using the latest flashtool as well
The application looks in firmware folder which I put the ftf file. Also I'm using 0.9.16 version of flashtool which is the latest version.

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1093

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by seltoon View Post
The application looks in firmware folder which I put the ftf file. Also I'm using 0.9.16 version of flashtool which is the latest version.
The ftf is not zipped or something odd is it?
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

seltoon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
The ftf is not zipped or something odd is it?
No, I have downloaded it from here: http://xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware...-z-ultra-c6833
In fact, I'm trying to switch from GPe to monx .757 and I've read that I should flash .757 with flashtool first, then flash monx .757

blueether
Old
(Last edited by blueether; 3rd May 2014 at 07:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1093

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No, I have downloaded it from here: http://xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware...-z-ultra-c6833
In fact, I'm trying to switch from GPe to monx .757 and I've read that I should flash .757 with flashtool first, then flash monx .757
Doing that way is safer

What you need is baseband, kernel, elabel, etc so one of the stripted FTFs from here should be fine http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2712899 just use the one for your model.

After flashing the FTF you will need to get recovery again, so either DooMKernel or jackie099's

If you do flash a stripped FTF the phone will be in an unbootable state untill you get a Sony system on to it (ie monx or Sony)

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

The other way of cause is to flash monx then the FTF, that will mean less farting about. Then if you feel the need you can flash DooMKernel at a later date
Charles

seltoon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Doing that way is safer

What you need is baseband, kernel, elabel, etc so one of the stripted FTFs from here should be fine http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2712899 just use the one for your model.

After flashing the FTF you will need to get recovery again, so either DooMKernel or jackie099's

If you do flash a stripped FTF the phone will be in an unbootable state untill you get a Sony system on to it (ie monx or Sony)

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

The other way of cause is to flash monx then the FTF, that will mean less farting about. Then if you feel the need you can flash DooMKernel at a later date
After flashing the stripped FTF, how do I flash monx? via recovery? since it's a .zip file
I also tried flashing monx .zip on top of the GPe but that didn't work out and failed

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1093

DONATE TO ME
You should be able to flash monx from the GPe rom, then flash the stripped FTF on top from flashtool.

Sent from CarbonROM on my Z-Ultra
Charles

seltoon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You should be able to flash monx from the GPe rom, then flash the stripped FTF on top from flashtool.

Sent from CarbonROM on my Z-Ultra
Well, I've told myself, why not give blueether's carbon rom a try! I installed it and then I wanted to move to monx .757 now I'm stuck with cmw not starting aroma installer on monx .zip and I dunno why I don't have TWRP to restore my previous nandroids.
I've seen better days

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1093

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Well, I've told myself, why not give blueether's carbon rom a try! I installed it and then I wanted to move to monx .757 now I'm stuck with cmw not starting aroma installer on monx .zip and I dunno why I don't have TWRP to restore my previous nandroids.
I've seen better days
download jackie099's kernel with dual recovery and flash that with flashtool/fastboot and you will have twrp again to restore the backup. I dont know why CWM doesnt want to the aroma installer
Charles