Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how can my phone interact with my computer?

Tip us?

Curleyyy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] how can my phone interact with my computer?

I'm starting to get bored and I've hear about people using their phones to controls their car and various other things. So I'm looking for ways that my Nexus 5 can interact with my computer and I'm finding it hard to come across apps and coming up with ideas on what to do.

So far I have:

- retune (connects to iTunes)
- gmote (file browsing to play movies on your computer)

I have a dual monitor setup and sometimes I'm laying in bed, I wouldn't mind being able to see what those two screens are showing.

For example I might have gotten a steam/xfire message, but I don't want to get up. I'd love for a way to see them in my phone.

Or maybe I'm watching a video on YouTube on my phone, I have friends over and I'd like to show them all, so I could just swipe it to my one if my dual monitors, as I'd my phone was an extended display, or vice versa

Other than that, could you guys/girls recommend me other things that you might do that I haven't mentioned?

Maybe if this thread kicks off if there isn't already one similar, I could edit the OP with a list of software/apps and what they do so other members could find stuff out, and get a sticky.

Okay, go!!

74NK
Old
Thanks Meter 5
check out BBQ screen in the paid apps forum for the "i have friends over and id like to show them all, so i could just swipe it to my one if my dual monitors" part. also you can use your phone as a remote keyboard\mouse by pairing it via bluetooth...

Sent from my Xperia Go using Tapatalk