Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 44,072 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New update vs Root

Tip us?

alexvtr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Question [Q] New update vs Root

I have a D803 (Rogers, Canada) running stock KK 4.4.2 rooted (4.2.2 was rooted and I kept it when upgrading to KK).
Now, a new update is available (with, among other goodies, Knock Code).
Phone notifies me an update is ready. I can download it but can't install because the installer stops and displays "root is suspected".

Anyone knows a way to install the update?
Do I have to "unroot" for real or can the installer be tricked into thinking the phone is unrooted (like some sort of temporary unroot).
Thanks!
Hp iPaq 6955 -> Samsung i780 -> Samsung Captivate -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> LG G2 + Nexus 10 (32)

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvtr View Post
I have a D803 (Rogers, Canada) running stock KK 4.4.2 rooted (4.2.2 was rooted and I kept it when upgrading to KK).
Now, a new update is available (with, among other goodies, Knock Code).
Phone notifies me an update is ready. I can download it but can't install because the installer stops and displays "root is suspected".

Anyone knows a way to install the update?
Do I have to "unroot" for real or can the installer be tricked into thinking the phone is unrooted (like some sort of temporary unroot).
Thanks!
Have you removed bloat/modified the system(xposed/mods) If so then you have to put everything back to stock

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

rezadue
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I am in the same boat. My phone is rooted and has no bloat but it took the Kit Kat update. Now that the knock code update is out, it won't let me take the update. I get the "suspected of rooting" error message too. Only difference is I am running some Xposed modules.

I disabled my Xposed modules but left everything installed. Rebooted and attempted the update again. Still the same problem.
Then I uninstalled Xposed and all its modules and still the same problem.

If you find out how to take the update, please up date this post so the rest of us know how as well.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
Have you removed bloat/modified the system(xposed/mods) If so then you have to put everything back to stock

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG G2 D803
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110
Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC120
Samsung Google Nexus 10

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
I am in the same boat. My phone is rooted and has no bloat but it took the Kit Kat update. Now that the knock code update is out, it won't let me take the update. I get the "suspected of rooting" error message too. Only difference is I am running some Xposed modules.

I disabled my Xposed modules but left everything installed. Rebooted and attempted the update again. Still the same problem.
Then I uninstalled Xposed and all its modules and still the same problem.

If you find out how to take the update, please up date this post so the rest of us know how as well.

Thanks
everything needs to be completely stock so that you can ota, if it gives the suspected of rooting then the only way to ota is to flash a stock kdz via r&d/flash tool and then update

rezadue
Old
Thanks Meter 27
You mean using this thread to flash back to complete stock?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
everything needs to be completely stock so that you can ota, if it gives the suspected of rooting then the only way to ota is to flash a stock kdz via r&d/flash tool and then update
LG G2 D803
Samsung Google Nexus 10

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
You mean using this thread to flash back to complete stock?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

Thanks
yes that's correct

JeffreyNijnatten
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Updating through the 'LG PC Suite' or 'LGMobile Support Tool' should work though
Phone: LG G2 D802
Rom: Stock or Cloudyfa G3 1.2
Kernel: Bruce2728 Kernel
Recovery: TWRP from AutoRec
Root: Yes for flashing and DSP Manager

Old:
Phone: Galaxy Ace GT-S5830
Rom: Stock Rom 2.3.5 (Netherlands)

rezadue
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Yes, except the LG suite wants to flash the Bell version of the ROM and using the KDZ file, I can flash the Rogers version of the ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyNijnatten View Post
Updating through the 'LG PC Suite' or 'LGMobile Support Tool' should work though
LG G2 D803
Samsung Google Nexus 10

natureburger
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Have stock with root and exposed and modded camera. Not risking the update. I just tap to install and then when prompted to continue, hit cancel.

Knock code does not offer me anything. So unless there is a good reason to have to re-configure the whole bloody phone ... this update will not be missed.
Stock D803 4.4.2 Kitkat