Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 39,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Samsung Gravity Smart] 3G does'n work

Tip us?

fmatheus2003
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] [Samsung Gravity Smart] 3G does'n work

Hi,

Well, I know that this is na old phone, but let's try to fix...

I have a Samsung SGH-T589 (Gravity Smart), originally from T-Mobile, but now unlocked. Since I'm in Brazil, tha 3G connection doesn't work. After some (and for some I mean months) time of research, I figured out that T-Mobile Works on a diferent 3G frequency than brazilian ops. But, I've also figured out that maybe (and just maybe) could be possible fix this by flashing the SGH-T589W (Gravity Smart/Galaxy Q) or SGH-T589R firmware on this phone. There were no problems related until now... but I'm having trouble to find this firmware. Tryied Samfirmware, Sampro, and many others...

Anyone have this file or I should just retire this phone once and forever?

Thanks everyone.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmatheus2003 View Post
Hi,

Well, I know that this is na old phone, but let's try to fix...

I have a Samsung SGH-T589 (Gravity Smart), originally from T-Mobile, but now unlocked. Since I'm in Brazil, tha 3G connection doesn't work. After some (and for some I mean months) time of research, I figured out that T-Mobile Works on a diferent 3G frequency than brazilian ops. But, I've also figured out that maybe (and just maybe) could be possible fix this by flashing the SGH-T589W (Gravity Smart/Galaxy Q) or SGH-T589R firmware on this phone. There were no problems related until now... but I'm having trouble to find this firmware. Tryied Samfirmware, Sampro, and many others...

Anyone have this file or I should just retire this phone once and forever?

Thanks everyone.
Well, it wouldn't be helped by the t589W because that also uses the weird 1700/2100 AWS bands for 3G service. The R would be the way to go, if it were possible, but even if it did flash successfully, the phone still has a hardware limitation where it just doesn't support other bands, despite what radio/modem you could install.

If you wanna try though, just for the heck of it (at your OWN risk - I do not think this will work. Not likely to hard brick it, but will probably need to restock with the correct firmware if it fails):

http://www.bergfiles.com/i/bf38cacda3hci0#

And you'll want the official firmware flashing Odin version for the phone, because for some reason it doesn't work with the regular Odin ones:

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/atta...0&d=1329391881
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fmatheus2003
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default It's alive!!!! (insert your evil laugh here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Well, it wouldn't be helped by the t589W because that also uses the weird 1700/2100 AWS bands for 3G service. The R would be the way to go, if it were possible, but even if it did flash successfully, the phone still has a hardware limitation where it just doesn't support other bands, despite what radio/modem you could install.

If you wanna try though, just for the heck of it (at your OWN risk - I do not think this will work. Not likely to hard brick it, but will probably need to restock with the correct firmware if it fails):

http://www.bergfiles.com/i/bf38cacda3hci0#

And you'll want the official firmware flashing Odin version for the phone, because for some reason it doesn't work with the regular Odin ones:

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/atta...0&d=1329391881
Man! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've flashed my phone with this firmware and It's fine! Now I'm testing to see if everything is OK, but aparently everything is so so...

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmatheus2003 View Post
Man! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've flashed my phone with this firmware and It's fine! Now I'm testing to see if everything is OK, but aparently everything is so so...
Sweet! So you ARE getting 3G ? Or just happy that it flashed and didn't mess up the phone?
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

fmatheus2003
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hehe

Quote:
Sweet! So you ARE getting 3G ? Or just happy that it flashed and didn't mess up the phone?
For now, just happy that it flashed and didn't mess up the phone... but 3G still off... but here in my region, there are 4 ops working on diferente frequencies .... now I'm testing to see if one of them can make me happy...hehehe

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
Cool. Good luck.

fmatheus2003
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down Bad... :(

Quote:
Cool. Good luck.
Man... No luck!

My phone only works on EDGE and now I've found why...

This model uses 3G over the 1700/1900 Mhz ... All operators in Brazil works with 3G over 850/2100 Mhz...

So, no luck for me...

Now, I'll try to swap this phone on eBay or something like...

If you know someone who wanna change a phone, please tell me...hehehehe.

Thanks for everything! Now I can sleep in Peace....