MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [Samsung Gravity Smart] 3G does'n work

OP fmatheus2003

30th April 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

41 posts
Hi,

Well, I know that this is na old phone, but let's try to fix...

I have a Samsung SGH-T589 (Gravity Smart), originally from T-Mobile, but now unlocked. Since I'm in Brazil, tha 3G connection doesn't work. After some (and for some I mean months) time of research, I figured out that T-Mobile Works on a diferent 3G frequency than brazilian ops. But, I've also figured out that maybe (and just maybe) could be possible fix this by flashing the SGH-T589W (Gravity Smart/Galaxy Q) or SGH-T589R firmware on this phone. There were no problems related until now... but I'm having trouble to find this firmware. Tryied Samfirmware, Sampro, and many others...

Anyone have this file or I should just retire this phone once and forever?

Thanks everyone.
30th April 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 586

3,082 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmatheus2003

Hi,

Well, I know that this is na old phone, but let's try to fix...

I have a Samsung SGH-T589 (Gravity Smart), originally from T-Mobile, but now unlocked. Since I'm in Brazil, tha 3G connection doesn't work. After some (and for some I mean months) time of research, I figured out that T-Mobile Works on a diferent 3G frequency than brazilian ops. But, I've also figured out that maybe (and just maybe) could be possible fix this by flashing the SGH-T589W (Gravity Smart/Galaxy Q) or SGH-T589R firmware on this phone. There were no problems related until now... but I'm having trouble to find this firmware. Tryied Samfirmware, Sampro, and many others...

Anyone have this file or I should just retire this phone once and forever?

Thanks everyone.

Well, it wouldn't be helped by the t589W because that also uses the weird 1700/2100 AWS bands for 3G service. The R would be the way to go, if it were possible, but even if it did flash successfully, the phone still has a hardware limitation where it just doesn't support other bands, despite what radio/modem you could install.

If you wanna try though, just for the heck of it (at your OWN risk - I do not think this will work. Not likely to hard brick it, but will probably need to restock with the correct firmware if it fails):

http://www.bergfiles.com/i/bf38cacda3hci0#

And you'll want the official firmware flashing Odin version for the phone, because for some reason it doesn't work with the regular Odin ones:

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/atta...0&d=1329391881
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

41 posts
It's alive!!!! (insert your evil laugh here)
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Well, it wouldn't be helped by the t589W because that also uses the weird 1700/2100 AWS bands for 3G service. The R would be the way to go, if it were possible, but even if it did flash successfully, the phone still has a hardware limitation where it just doesn't support other bands, despite what radio/modem you could install.

If you wanna try though, just for the heck of it (at your OWN risk - I do not think this will work. Not likely to hard brick it, but will probably need to restock with the correct firmware if it fails):

http://www.bergfiles.com/i/bf38cacda3hci0#

And you'll want the official firmware flashing Odin version for the phone, because for some reason it doesn't work with the regular Odin ones:

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/atta...0&d=1329391881

Man! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've flashed my phone with this firmware and It's fine! Now I'm testing to see if everything is OK, but aparently everything is so so...
5th May 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #4  

3,082 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmatheus2003

Man! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've flashed my phone with this firmware and It's fine! Now I'm testing to see if everything is OK, but aparently everything is so so...

Sweet! So you ARE getting 3G ? Or just happy that it flashed and didn't mess up the phone?
5th May 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

41 posts
Hehe
Quote:

Sweet! So you ARE getting 3G ? Or just happy that it flashed and didn't mess up the phone?

For now, just happy that it flashed and didn't mess up the phone... but 3G still off... but here in my region, there are 4 ops working on diferente frequencies .... now I'm testing to see if one of them can make me happy...hehehe
5th May 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #6  

3,082 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cool. Good luck.
5th May 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

41 posts
Thumbs down Bad... :(
Quote:

Cool. Good luck.

Man... No luck!

My phone only works on EDGE and now I've found why...

This model uses 3G over the 1700/1900 Mhz ... All operators in Brazil works with 3G over 850/2100 Mhz...

So, no luck for me...

Now, I'll try to swap this phone on eBay or something like...

If you know someone who wanna change a phone, please tell me...hehehehe.

Thanks for everything! Now I can sleep in Peace....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread