[Q] Android 4.4.2 Update Failed

Search This thread

Owura_G

May 4, 2014
I tried to update my phone today and ran into an issue. It seems that when the phone reboots into recovery mode, it says that there is an error and forces me to find the download image manually. I looked to see if it was on the SD card and there was no luck there. Is it because the download itself is corrupted in some way, or is this a bigger issue than that? BTW my phone isn't rooted if that helps

I tried to update my phone today and ran into an issue. It seems that when the phone reboots into recovery mode, it says that there is an error and forces me to find the download image manually. I looked to see if it was on the SD card and there was no luck there. Is it because the download itself is corrupted in some way, or is this a bigger issue than that? BTW my phone isn't rooted if that helps

Did you get the update OTA? If so you could try a factory reset, then re-download the update OTA, and try again.

S4wontupdate

May 5, 2014
Rooted S4 won't update to 4.4, error, rooted with CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505

I haven't gotten the OTA notification yet, but if I go to about phone, system updates it will find it and download it.
When it tries to install it will do the normal things, but at the end won't complete and says error.

What error would it be? The S4 was rotted with CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505 and I also read the source code of KitKat was realeased from Samsung. I guess I may have to wait until I get an OTA update or until one of you masters redoes the update.

Please Help.

Thank You

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I haven't gotten the OTA notification yet, but if I go to about phone, system updates it will find it and download it.
When it tries to install it will do the normal things, but at the end won't complete and says error.

What error would it be? The S4 was rotted with CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505 and I also read the source code of KitKat was realeased from Samsung. I guess I may have to wait until I get an OTA update or until one of you masters redoes the update.

Please Help.

Thank You

You can't take ota if you aren't 100% stock. No root

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Supreme court ruled carrier unlocking is illegal I believe. ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You are confusing sim card locking with locked bootloader and Verizon can lock the bootloader...

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

The the supreme court ruled that rooting was legal.

Not sure what your response has to do with the issue.. If your phone isn't 100% stock. The ota will fail...been posted countless times

S4wontupdate

May 5, 2014
You are confusing sim card locking with locked bootloader and Verizon can lock the bootloader...

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Not sure what your response has to do with the issue.. If your phone isn't 100% stock. The ota will fail...been posted countless times

So if I reinstall a stock OS I can upgrade to 4.4?

BTW can you tell I'm new to this stuff :)