Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 39,258 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Duplicate notifications on Gear 2

Tip us?

DigitalJEM
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Duplicate notifications on Gear 2

I use the Mailbox app for managing my gmail.. I've noticed that several times a day, an email will come in and I'll get multiple (usually only 2, but sometimes 3) alerts/notifications of that same email on the watch, all in succession. And when I go into the notifications folder, it shows the same email multiple times (as many alerts as I got)... when I check on the phone, sure enough, I only have one copy of the email in my inbox.

I just switched notifications off on Mailbox app, and turned on notifications on gmail app, and switched notifications in gear manager from mailbox to gmail also to see if it's somehow the app that's doing it, or if it's a bug in the gear manager software.

Was curious if anyone else is seeing this issue?

DigitalJEM
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
After 2-1/2 days of having absolutely no duplicate email notifications on the gear 2 watch (using the gmail app as notifier in gear manager), I switched back to the mailbox app a couple hours ago and it's already sent duplicate notifications to the watch several times.

Not sure how the app has anything to do with the notifications being sent, but it is apparently the app that's causing the problem.