Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 51,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for new ROM?

Tip us?

G.Trenchev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Looking for new ROM?

Hello there. I'm using FXP CM10 since May 2013. I want to try something new, but as I read all ROMs seem buggy and messy. Is there anything 100% complete and working(like the CM10), that is Android 4.3 or 4.4? Recommend me a ROM please. I mean totally bug-less, I can't afford to tolerate reboots or battery drains.

Thanks!
Phone: Sony Xperia S
ROM: CM10

entermetallica
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Trenchev View Post
Hello there. I'm using FXP CM10 since May 2013. I want to try something new, but as I read all ROMs seem buggy and messy. Is there anything 100% complete and working(like the CM10), that is Android 4.3 or 4.4? Recommend me a ROM please. I mean totally bug-less, I can't afford to tolerate reboots or battery drains.

Thanks!
The least buggy build is 4.2.2 CM by RaymanFX. I suggest you don't try 4.4/4.3 as you'll be very disappointed.
XPERIA SL

G.Trenchev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
That's it for almost a year? Very disappointing development for XS

entermetallica
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Trenchev View Post
That's it for almost a year? Very disappointing development for XS
Quite a judgmental statement. There aren't many developers left for the XS. It's a miracle that RaymanFX has spent countless hours on his own on this device. If you're not happy, you should get a new phone or learn to develop ROM's yourself.
XPERIA SL
The Following User Says Thank You to entermetallica For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

G.Trenchev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Probably a new device. Thanks for quick info!

Oedner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've been using several betas of CM11, Carbon ROM and now Paranoid Android 4.2/4.3 and i have to say PA works pretty well, a lot more stable than the first two. Except for screenshots and fuzzy images in recents bar I haven't encountered any problems so far in the newest beta 2 of Paranoid Android 4.3. It's fast, stable and battery life is good. deedwar said hes working on the screenshot thing if rayman doesn't beat him to it. Oh, and the xperia S has official legacy support including OTA updates. I can't say that its working 100% because all 4.4 roms lack things like hdmi (I never even used that once) and some other stuff, but for everyday use its ok. there's no harm in trying it out.