Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

RUU GPE Conversion: Will I lose root if I do an OTA?

5th May 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125

966 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad

You could always try it and see. Worse case scenario you flash them back. Save what you flash, make nandroids/titanium backups when you make changes. That's what I do. Any issues arise, makes for a quick fix and restore of apps.

I'm flashing ElementalX and Project ERA.

Once I flash back stock recovery and OTA, those should be gone theoretically correct?
6th May 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125

966 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad

You could just extract the recovery from the ruu zip file and flash it back after. Apparently, some have gotten this phone to boot custom recovery without flashing but I never could though, flashing custom then flashing back the stock doesn't hurt anything.

Though, if I remember correctly, there is both a prerooted and uprooted version of the ruu zip.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Last question for you: I changed my soft keys using the application Softkeyz. If I flash an OTA, will I lose the changed soft keys?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread