Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying to remove Boomsound icon

Tip us?

yuppicide
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Trying to remove Boomsound icon

How stupid is that icon?

So I'm rooted and I have S-OFF.

I followed all the steps in this tutorial:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2726774

The guy who wrote everything down step by step is helpful, but he missed a few steps which I figured out myself.

So the last step is to push the file back to the phone and it won't let me. It says read-only.

reinaldistic
Old
Thanks Meter 177

DONATE TO ME
are you sure you are soff? some hardware cant become soff... also you could not be soff because kf confusion, did you use firewater? also people have been reporting being unable to go soff after taking the 651.8 update, im soff with the update but other people cant.

your best bet to see is to try to copy a file to the root directory (/) with a root file manager. if it is still there after reboot u are soff if not you are son

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

yuppicide
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldistic View Post
are you sure you are soff? some hardware cant become soff... also you could not be soff because kf confusion, did you use firewater? also people have been reporting being unable to go soff after taking the 651.8 update, im soff with the update but other people cant.

your best bet to see is to try to copy a file to the root directory (/) with a root file manager. if it is still there after reboot u are soff if not you are son

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app
Yes definitely S-OFF. When I boot up into Fastboot it says "M8_WHL PVT SHIP S-OFF".

I have ES File Explorer. When I try to copy the file to / it says "/framework.jar open failed: EROFS (Read-only file system)".

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,899

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuppicide View Post
Yes definitely S-OFF. When I boot up into Fastboot it says "M8_WHL PVT SHIP S-OFF".

I have ES File Explorer. When I try to copy the file to / it says "/framework.jar open failed: EROFS (Read-only file system)".
You should have an option to change to Read/Write in ES File Explorer. That should fix your issue.

Sent from my HTC device

yuppicide
Old
(Last edited by yuppicide; 4th May 2014 at 06:33 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
When I view properties of my file framework.jar it says "Readable: Yes", "Writeable: Yes". Same thing for the folder it's supposed to go in.

Okay, EDIT: I got another root browser. I copied it to the / directory as a test and rebooted. File is gone.

Should I try S-OFF again? It does say S-OFF, though damnit.

yuppicide
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
I spoke with the guys over at Firewater. If my phone says S-OFF then I'm S-OFF. So that's good.

I still can't copy over framework.jar. It says "read-only". I verified every folder has r-w, including framework.jar file itself. Still no luck.