Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Music is laggy/glitchy

Tip us?

mrCham23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Audio [Q] Music is laggy/glitchy

Hi.

Using Spotify, or any other musicplayer, the music can sometimes be laggy. The lag can interrupt the music for 4-5 seconds and cause artifacts and "tempo changes". I have no widgets and I have tried disabling Wi-Fi with no success.

I have tried several custom roms and the issue follows me. The only thing that is constant is that I'm using the Ktoonsez kernel with Ktoonsified v6 in KTweaker. I'm not sure it could cause the issue.

Thanks for any input,
Cham

mrCham23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCham23 View Post
Hi.

Using Spotify, or any other musicplayer, the music can sometimes be laggy. The lag can interrupt the music for 4-5 seconds and cause artifacts and "tempo changes". I have no widgets and I have tried disabling Wi-Fi with no success.

I have tried several custom roms and the issue follows me. The only thing that is constant is that I'm using the Ktoonsez kernel with Ktoonsified v6 in KTweaker. I'm not sure it could cause the issue.

Thanks for any input,
Cham
It seems like a setting in KTweaker may have solved the issue.

Just in case someone else has the issue: KTweaker->Main Settings->CPU Settings->Media/Bluetooth Settings->Media/Music Min Mhz
I've set it on 1350Mhz, just in case. Having it on "Selected Scaling Min" and the CPU going down to 378Mhz may have been the problem.

Cham

MarceloSiciliano
Old
Thanks Meter 5
the ktoonsified v6 cause that lag. Try using the ktgaming
Tags
glitch, laggy, music, samsung