XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

M8 vs. M7: Earpiece volume

OP Legaleye3000

1st May 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #11  
Akron, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 357

1,342 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superm3

the m7 volume for the headphone is far superior to m8. I am using the player pro to play all my musics. The m7 sound is clear and crisp. however on the m8 I am not satisfy with the quality and volume of the m8. You can turn the volume all the way up and it would feel like something is missing. I wanted to return the m8 badly because of it. But then I tweak the EQ on Player pro and downloaded the virper4android and tweak the EQ on there also. Its still not as good as m7 but close to it. I still like my m8 because of the sd card but I wish the size would be between 4.3 or 4.7 inch. I'm using viperrom on both my m7 and m8.

The M8 is so much better than the M7 in terms of sound quality and loudness.
If it doesn't sound like it for you, your unit must be bad... Or there's something wrong with your ears

My cousin's first unit from Verizon had something wrong with the speakers/amp and had to take it back. Sounded very distorted.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to xxquicksh0txx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 5

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxquicksh0txx

The M8 is so much better than the M7 in terms of sound quality and loudness.
If it doesn't sound like it for you, your unit must be bad... Or there's something wrong with your ears

My cousin's first unit from Verizon had something wrong with the speakers/amp and had to take it back. Sounded very distorted.

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I passed my 14 days return policy. Is it too late to exchange for another one?
1st May 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #13  
Akron, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 357

1,342 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superm3

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I passed my 14 days return policy. Is it too late to exchange for another one?

When I had my m7 replaced after about 6 months, they sent me a unit in the mail. But it was refurbished.
I only had to pay like $5 shipping.

I'm not sure what they would do now, since it's so new. Your best bet would be to go and ask

6th May 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legaleye3000

I upgraded from a M7 and it appears the earpiece volume is lower. Anyone have a similar experience? Trying to determine if its just me... Thanks.

I noticed that the volume is higher on the left part of the speaker. Have you tried using the left part? If you listen to the right, it sounds low. The middle is louder, but the left part is the loudest.

http://androidforums.com/htc-one-m8/...me-issues.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread