Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,312 Members 52,703 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Transfer Naver LINE account btwn ROMs

Tip us?

jtchinoy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] Transfer Naver LINE account btwn ROMs

Hi everyone,

I frequently install new custom ROMs on my i337. I use Naver LINE as my primary messaging app, but your account is tied to your email and supposedly the device ID. If it doesnt match, it will delete your chat history.

I tried using Titanium Backup to restore my previous ID when putting in a new ROM but LINE still recognized the phone as a new device. Anyone have an idea on how to make the new ROM get recognized as the previous one?

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TASL
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtchinoy View Post
Hi everyone,

I frequently install new custom ROMs on my i337. I use Naver LINE as my primary messaging app, but your account is tied to your email and supposedly the device ID. If it doesnt match, it will delete your chat history.

I tried using Titanium Backup to restore my previous ID when putting in a new ROM but LINE still recognized the phone as a new device. Anyone have an idea on how to make the new ROM get recognized as the previous one?

Backup the LINE APP+DATA and SETTINGS (system apps). Install new ROM process whatever. Restore LINE APP+DATA. Manage Android ID, restore from backup (should be one option available). Click yes, let it reboot. Everything should be in LINE again in the new rom. Tested over 50 times as I am also a flashaholic.

Idk what went wrong with your method, but you didn't mention that you backed up and restored LINE APP+DATA before trying to restore the Android ID. If you already tried that... idk.

jtchinoy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
I think what I missed in this post is I didnt restore app data. I did exactly wgat you said on my flash last night and it worked! Does this work between different ROMs? Not just updates of the same ROM?

TASL
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtchinoy View Post
I think what I missed in this post is I didnt restore app data. I did exactly wgat you said on my flash last night and it worked! Does this work between different ROMs? Not just updates of the same ROM?

I can not say with ABSOLUTE certainty that it will always work, but it has consistently worked for me between numerous roms, OS versions, and different phones (ie, transferring user data from an old phone to a new phone).
The Following User Says Thank You to TASL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jtchinoy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Between phones? Wow. Thanks for the advice!