Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need an app that's just an image, would appreciate help

Tip us?

MHarris333
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Phone Need an app that's just an image, would appreciate help

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to the world of app-making, and it's something that I intend on learning soon in the near future. However for now I am currently in a bit of a pickle with making a super basic app that I want to use as a tool. So as everyone does, I've come running to a forum for help :P

All I want my app to do is simply open up, and display an image. Nothing else, no buttons, no exit option, etc. Just simply want this image displayed (It's my school timetable): http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...33-d7hb210.jpg

If anyone could quickly grab this and chuck it into an app for me that would be amazing

Phone info:
Xperia Z1 (5-inch Display)
Android 4.4

Thanks in advance,
Michael

PineappleOwl
Old
Thanks Meter 749

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHarris333 View Post
Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to the world of app-making, and it's something that I intend on learning soon in the near future. However for now I am currently in a bit of a pickle with making a super basic app that I want to use as a tool. So as everyone does, I've come running to a forum for help :P

All I want my app to do is simply open up, and display an image. Nothing else, no buttons, no exit option, etc. Just simply want this image displayed (It's my school timetable): http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...33-d7hb210.jpg

If anyone could quickly grab this and chuck it into an app for me that would be amazing

Phone info:
Xperia Z1 (5-inch Display)
Android 4.4

Thanks in advance,
Michael
No icon? What package name? Just the image itself? No scrollviews?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

x-y-no
Old
Thanks Meter 68
You can just put a shortcut to the image on your desktop and associate it with gallery to show it. ES file explorer can do it. Navigate to where you have the image, long press, tap "more" then "put on desktop"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to x-y-no For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]