Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

should I consider Kitkat or stay with 4.3?

OP newshook

6th May 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 28

200 posts
More
If you are rooted on 4.3 I would promote that you stay where you are. On 4.3 with root, you can freeze all the crapware with TiBU and have a very stable and efficient platform.

Once you jump to 4.4, you'll lose root and will be stuck with all the crapware. To be fair, my wife's S4 is now on 4.4 and seems to be running fine. I just don't trust all the bloat that sits there behind the scenes
6th May 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 39

162 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhistler

If you are rooted on 4.3 I would promote that you stay where you are. On 4.3 with root, you can freeze all the crapware with TiBU and have a very stable and efficient platform.

Once you jump to 4.4, you'll lose root and will be stuck with all the crapware. To be fair, my wife's S4 is now on 4.4 and seems to be running fine. I just don't trust all the bloat that sits there behind the scenes

If you've been reading, you can clearly upgrade to 4.4 with root.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread