Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,883 Members 41,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No Amazon music??

Tip us?

RedBullet
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] No Amazon music??

Is there no way to play you music from amazon on the FireTV?

Nvidiafanboy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullet View Post
Is there no way to play you music from amazon on the FireTV?
I found this as it might help you figure out what is going on with it because I was curious myself honestly. http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2014/04/...-amazon-music/

perknite
Old
Thanks Meter 104
I sideloaded the Amazon MP3 app via wireless adb. I have two fire tv's. I got it to work on one but not the other (got stuck on device authorization).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RedBullet
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidiafanboy View Post
I found this as it might help you figure out what is going on with it because I was curious myself honestly. http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2014/04/...-amazon-music/
Yea, saw that article. It surmises that Amazon is in talks to provide some kind of music streaming service.

That seems orthogonal to providing you access to your own music collection; the did the same with your photos and such on the storage locker.

Just odd...

deanemj
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidiafanboy View Post
Hmm...like a Spotify service, I assume? It'd be cool if it was included in my current Amazon Prime subscription. The end of that article, though, isn't very optimistic.

tarvoke
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanemj View Post
Hmm...like a Spotify service, I assume? It'd be cool if it was included in my current Amazon Prime subscription. The end of that article, though, isn't very optimistic.
I had seen a couple other articles claiming that amazon would be bringing amazon mp3 within about a month.

it sort of makes sense, they currently have amazon cloud reader (kindle), amazon mp3 aka cloud player (music), and amazon cloud drive (photo/video/docs) - it likely all shares a lot of the same codebase and would make sense to start integrating it all (much like google has been slowly integrating gmail gchat/gtalk/hangouts gvoice gdocs gapps gplus etc., into one unholy thing)

cloud drive is the one (sorta) already on the firetv. (annoying part is you currently have to add content from non-firetv devices) - the big "+" button under that menu recommends installing the android app... which of course is officially not compatible with firetv ha ha. and the content, once you do have some there, is read-only.

but I did upload several photos and videos through the amazon webpage on my laptop, and that was all fine. the built in video player is fairly basic and awful. the photos you can slideshow and also set as replacement screensaver.
I also uploaded an mp3 file renamed as .mp4 - but apparently the firetv is smart enough to gank the file header magic and/or metadata, so the fake-mp4 mp3 file does not show up on firetv (shows up well enough in the cloud drive webpage tho, ha)
KFTV: The Quest for Kindle, OUYA (kitkat!), GOGHVMU (titanium-froze 200+ apks. much better now), Qualcomm GSP 1600 (Global*Star LEO)