OP Ulatec

5th May 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Victorville, California
Thanks Meter: 4

39 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have been working tirelessly on getting a working CWM recovery built from source to work on this device. The device is the BLU Studio 5.5, also known as the 'd610'. I am attempting to compile from the cm-10.1 branch

My current device tree for the device can be found here.

What I have tried so far:
-modifying BoardConfig.mk and recovery.fstab to match what I am able to pull from the device and adding the init.rc and its dependencies into the recovery build (did not boot)
-building the recovery of another very similar MTK6589 device and using the kernel pulled from the d610 instead. (did not boot)
-forked the device tree of this very similar device, and made slight modifications to BoardConfig for my device, as well as swapping the kernel (again, did not boot)

I have absolutely no idea what is going wrong in my process. All of the builds of CWM compile fine, and are being flashed via mtk-tools just fine. Though something is not allowing these builds to boot into recovery. I think I may be missing some important information on the MTK6589 or Mediatek in general.

Thank you for any input you guys can offer.

Also, if I am in the wrong section, if a moderator could kindly place it in the correct section, that would be great!
Last edited by Ulatec; 5th May 2014 at 11:08 AM.
5th May 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #2  
Flag Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 764

308 posts
Donate to Me
More
From a quick glance I can tell you are missing ramdisk address offset, these are are usually hardcoded in the BL, you can check the address from boot image header

Sent from my LG-D605 using Tapatalk
5th May 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

39 posts
Donate to Me
More
Okay I will be adding that in here shortly. I haven't seen that flag used very often in BoardConfig when I look at other device trees. Is it possible that anyone could explain why some devices may need the flag while others don't?

And again thank you for your response!

EDIT: added ramdisk offset arguments, and still no luck on getting the recovery to boot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by Ulatec; 5th May 2014 at 09:29 PM.
6th May 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

39 posts
Donate to Me
More
Update: I am trying to unpack my recovery.img files after compilation using these scripts, which have always worked for me in the past. Now that I am trying to unpack after these are built, I am finding that they are unable to detect the ramdisk in the recovery.img. I think this may be because the ramdisk may be in the wrong place. Though I have built the recovery with and without the offset flags, and still it cannot detect the ramdisk.

Also, I pushed more of the proper files that were pulled from the stock recovery.

I have also decided that I am willing to offer a small bounty to anyone that wants to help me find the solution along with some explanation of where it went wrong.
Last edited by Ulatec; 6th May 2014 at 08:04 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread