[Q] Hard brick!

OP montresor60

3rd May 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 63

221 posts
More
I wanted to flash the official Australian KK for D802T so that I could dump the modem and make it available to Cloudy for patching.

I made a flashable zip from the kdz. Flashed in philz without problems. At the end, I got a message saying 'could not lokify...' or something similar. Pressed 'OK' and then got the prompt to root. Foolishly, I selected that option and the phone simply died.

My laptop (with drivers and utilities for the G2) no longer recognises the phone when connected by USB. Cannot power on. No light. Nothing.

The G2 seems to be completely hard bricked but I'd like to understand how such an action could completely kill the phone. Any ideas of how this could happen?

Cheers!
5th May 2014, 06:17 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 63

221 posts
More
PhilZ Killed My G2
Shameless bump.

The device is now with an authorised repairer, so I should (I hope) have a replacement soon but as this is a unique problem, I would have thought that there would be at least a couple of replies by now...

There are several threads by frantic XDA members about their 'bricked' phones when, in fact, they're not really bricked at all. Five minutes of Googling will result in a number of simple methods of recovery . To paraphrase that great Australian character, Mick 'Crocodile' Dundee: that's not a brick. THIS is a brick! *

Anyway, if you're thinking of making a flashable zip from a stock KDZ to be flashed with philz recovery, be very careful at the end when you're prompted to root. One slip and it's gone.

* smiley for the benefit of the humour-challenged
5th May 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #3  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 213

505 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by montresor60

Shameless bump.

The device is now with an authorised repairer, so I should (I hope) have a replacement soon but as this is a unique problem, I would have thought that there would be at least a couple of replies by now...

There are several threads by frantic XDA members about their 'bricked' phones when, in fact, they're not really bricked at all. Five minutes of Googling will result in a number of simple methods of recovery . To paraphrase that great Australian character, Mick 'Crocodile' Dundee: that's not a brick. THIS is a brick! *

Anyway, if you're thinking of making a flashable zip from a stock KDZ to be flashed with philz recovery, be very careful at the end when you're prompted to root. One slip and it's gone.

* smiley for the benefit of the humour-challenged

Cheers for the tip. You're not wrong about those 'brick' threads. If your drivers work your phone isn't bricked. Hopefully your repairer can tell you what happened so you can tell us!
5th May 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Mate,

I rooted my G2 this afternoon and installed the autorac app. When I restarted my phone, it stuck at the beginning loop...

I can access to TWRP though, but download mode.

How much did you pay to get your phone restored? Can I bring it back and fix by LG??

Cheers
5th May 2014, 10:33 AM   |  #5  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 213

505 posts
More
Autorec soft bricks Aussie phones. You've got a recovery though so you can just sideload a ROM through adb.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Art Vanderlay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay

Autorec soft bricks Aussie phones. You've got a recovery though so you can just sideload a ROM through adb.

Cheers mate! I thought this D802T and D802 were same, maybe NOT?!

Where can I find this ROM for 802T? Will it destroy my documents like pix, chat record, etc?
Many many thanks!

4.4.2 Official upgraded 32G from HN
6th May 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #7  
Flag Twin Cities
Thanks Meter: 25

246 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohame

Mate,

I rooted my G2 this afternoon and installed the autorac app. When I restarted my phone, it stuck at the beginning loop...

I can access to TWRP though, but download mode.

How much did you pay to get your phone restored? Can I bring it back and fix by LG??

Cheers

Use LG Flash Tool to bring your phone back to stock. You will lose root and all SD card data if you chose this method.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
d802t, hard brick, lg g2, philz
Previous Thread Next Thread