Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hard brick!

Tip us?

montresor60
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default [Q] Hard brick!

I wanted to flash the official Australian KK for D802T so that I could dump the modem and make it available to Cloudy for patching.

I made a flashable zip from the kdz. Flashed in philz without problems. At the end, I got a message saying 'could not lokify...' or something similar. Pressed 'OK' and then got the prompt to root. Foolishly, I selected that option and the phone simply died.

My laptop (with drivers and utilities for the G2) no longer recognises the phone when connected by USB. Cannot power on. No light. Nothing.

The G2 seems to be completely hard bricked but I'd like to understand how such an action could completely kill the phone. Any ideas of how this could happen?

Cheers!

montresor60
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default PhilZ Killed My G2

Shameless bump.

The device is now with an authorised repairer, so I should (I hope) have a replacement soon but as this is a unique problem, I would have thought that there would be at least a couple of replies by now...

There are several threads by frantic XDA members about their 'bricked' phones when, in fact, they're not really bricked at all. Five minutes of Googling will result in a number of simple methods of recovery . To paraphrase that great Australian character, Mick 'Crocodile' Dundee: that's not a brick. THIS is a brick! *

Anyway, if you're thinking of making a flashable zip from a stock KDZ to be flashed with philz recovery, be very careful at the end when you're prompted to root. One slip and it's gone.

* smiley for the benefit of the humour-challenged

Art Vanderlay
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by montresor60 View Post
Shameless bump.

The device is now with an authorised repairer, so I should (I hope) have a replacement soon but as this is a unique problem, I would have thought that there would be at least a couple of replies by now...

There are several threads by frantic XDA members about their 'bricked' phones when, in fact, they're not really bricked at all. Five minutes of Googling will result in a number of simple methods of recovery . To paraphrase that great Australian character, Mick 'Crocodile' Dundee: that's not a brick. THIS is a brick! *

Anyway, if you're thinking of making a flashable zip from a stock KDZ to be flashed with philz recovery, be very careful at the end when you're prompted to root. One slip and it's gone.

* smiley for the benefit of the humour-challenged
Cheers for the tip. You're not wrong about those 'brick' threads. If your drivers work your phone isn't bricked. Hopefully your repairer can tell you what happened so you can tell us!
........ The one who knocks .......................................LG D802..CM 11..Twrp 2.7

alohame
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Mate,

I rooted my G2 this afternoon and installed the autorac app. When I restarted my phone, it stuck at the beginning loop...

I can access to TWRP though, but download mode.

How much did you pay to get your phone restored? Can I bring it back and fix by LG??

Cheers

Art Vanderlay
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Autorec soft bricks Aussie phones. You've got a recovery though so you can just sideload a ROM through adb.
........ The one who knocks .......................................LG D802..CM 11..Twrp 2.7
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Art Vanderlay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alohame
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
Autorec soft bricks Aussie phones. You've got a recovery though so you can just sideload a ROM through adb.
Cheers mate! I thought this D802T and D802 were same, maybe NOT?!

Where can I find this ROM for 802T? Will it destroy my documents like pix, chat record, etc?
Many many thanks!

4.4.2 Official upgraded 32G from HN

dcaples002
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohame View Post
Mate,

I rooted my G2 this afternoon and installed the autorac app. When I restarted my phone, it stuck at the beginning loop...

I can access to TWRP though, but download mode.

How much did you pay to get your phone restored? Can I bring it back and fix by LG??

Cheers
Use LG Flash Tool to bring your phone back to stock. You will lose root and all SD card data if you chose this method.
HTC One S (S4)

Twitter: Dnt_KillMyViibe

Tags
d802t, hard brick, lg g2, philz