Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,490 Members 44,572 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help, can't flash any KitKat ROMs!!!!

Tip us?

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloar View Post
So everything from my HBOOT:

Code:
Select Code
VISION PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT 0.85.0005
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.13.04.19_M
eMMC-boot
Oct 11 2010,20:10:38
check out post 30 in this thread
this should get you the DZ engineering bootloader and then allow you to flash a new recovery

Alex Mitter
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
So everything from my HBOOT:

Code:
Select Code
VISION PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT 0.85.0005
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.13.04.19_M
eMMC-boot
Oct 11 2010,20:10:38
1.> Put the "PC10IMG.zip" into "C:\" drive..(u can put it into any other directory)...
2.> Now restart your phone into fastboot mode...
3.> Plug your USB from PC to Mobile..(now it should say "FASTBOOT USB" in red text in Mobile)..
4.> Now open CMD...and type "fastboot oem rebootRUU"
5.> You should now be on the black screen with the HTC logo so now type "fastboot flash zip c:\PC10IMG.zip"...
(NOTE:If you get a message saying 'Failed, repeat immediately'.......just re-run "fastboot flash zip PC10IMG.zip")

Now you should see a green status bar on the black screen
And You are done!.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Mitter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kermage
Old
Thanks Meter 131
very informative!

Alex Mitter
Old
Thanks Meter 15
sorry...i didnt attach Engineer Bootloader PC10IMG.zip...here it is..https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ucdfd91qn..._hboot-eng.img (Thanks to demkantor...i didnt create this or uploaded this)...

Eloar
Old
(Last edited by Eloar; 5th May 2014 at 12:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mitter View Post
sorry...i didnt attach Engineer Bootloader PC10IMG.zip...here it is..https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ucdfd91qn..._hboot-eng.img (Thanks to demkantor...i didnt create this or uploaded this)...
Wait, your instruction is for ZIP files and you did put link to IMG file. Will it work for IMG file, or I should just use zip file from here for example: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ucdfd91qn...8yOJLN/PC10IMG ?

Alex Mitter
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Wait, your instruction is for ZIP files and you did put link to IMG file. Will it work for IMG file, or I should just use zip file from here for example: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ucdfd91qn...8yOJLN/PC10IMG ?
Download "DZ_PC10IMG.zip"...and rename it to "PC10IMG.zip"...

Eloar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mitter View Post
Download "DZ_PC10IMG.zip"...and rename it to "PC10IMG.zip"...
Actually I planed to do so. I'm curious if your instructions applies to IMG files to (directly or with small modifications)?

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2611
Until you have an engineering bootloader most fastboot commands are unavailable. Grab the .zip from post 30 in that link and follow the directions there.
Alex was having a similar issue to yours earlier but he couldn't get the PC10IMG.zip to work on his SD card so he used the rebootRUU method, which could also work for you. I would advise to understand both methods as they can be helpful to learn down the road
To answer your question directly, you must use the .zip, .imgs will not work with either method

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alex Mitter
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
Until you have an engineering bootloader most fastboot commands are unavailable. Grab the .zip from post 30 in that link and follow the directions there.
Alex was having a similar issue to yours earlier but he couldn't get the PC10IMG.zip to work on his SD card so he used the rebootRUU method, which could also work for you. I would advise to understand both methods as they can be helpful to learn down the road
To answer your question directly, you must use the .zip, .imgs will not work with either method

absolutely correct...i had the similar problem....try that and this method ...rebootRUU is worked for me ......

Eloar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post

I was sure method with sd card would work fine so tried rebootRUU and it worked. Below is method that worked for me. It is simply whole instruction for getting new recovery when starting without eng HBOOT. This is just 'compilation' of instructions from Alex Mitter and demkantor.
  1. Download DZ_PC10IMG.zip from demkantor dropbox
  2. Connect phone to PC (adb devices to be sure it is recognized properly)
  3. Code:
    Select Code
    adb reboot bootloader
    to switch to HBOOT. I didn't need to switch to fastboot as it was already in fastboot mode. You might want to use fastboot devices to be sure it is recognized properly again
  4. Code:
    Select Code
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
  5. Code:
    Select Code
    fastboot flash zip DZ_PC10IMG.zip
    to flash eng HBOOT
  6. Code:
    Select Code
    fastboot reboot-boootloader
    to get back to HBOOT and validate it.
  7. Download CWM recovery from 1st post in thread
  8. Code:
    Select Code
    fastboot flash recovery CWMrecovery.img
    to flash freshly downloaded recovery
  9. switch to recovery from HBOOT to verify version and proceed with PureKat instalation from there