Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,635 Members 38,570 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] xperia zr baseband unknown no wifi and cellular service

Tip us?

ajgo333
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] xperia zr baseband unknown no wifi and cellular service

everything was working fine on my xperia zr(c5502) until one day when for the first time the phone had its battery completely exhausted somehow the cellular service was lost and the phone got locked by mcafee internet security and was always asking for the pin at the start.even after entering the correct password it would just get stuck at this part and would never unlock.so i flashed the stock firmware 4.2.2.it was so unstable and was rebooting continously so i flashed the its first stock firmware 4.1.2 which removed the lock and reboot problems but the baseband is now unknown and no imei too and so no cell service and wifi isnt working.i am currently trying to flash the different firmware files and the baseband files of c5502 and c5503 to see if the baseband gets updated.before this problem started,i had never rooted the phone nor unlocked the bootloader or do anything of this sort.somebody please tell me what to do .has anyone xperienced this same error or baseband unknown error for zr????

Lasantha
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgo333 View Post
everything was working fine on my xperia zr(c5502) until one day when for the first time the phone had its battery completely exhausted somehow the cellular service was lost and the phone got locked by mcafee internet security and was always asking for the pin at the start.even after entering the correct password it would just get stuck at this part and would never unlock.so i flashed the stock firmware 4.2.2.it was so unstable and was rebooting continously so i flashed the its first stock firmware 4.1.2 which removed the lock and reboot problems but the baseband is now unknown and no imei too and so no cell service and wifi isnt working.i am currently trying to flash the different firmware files and the baseband files of c5502 and c5503 to see if the baseband gets updated.before this problem started,i had never rooted the phone nor unlocked the bootloader or do anything of this sort.somebody please tell me what to do .has anyone xperienced this same error or baseband unknown error for zr????
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2560677

ajgo333
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasantha View Post
he has not got a working solution for this..what am i supposed to do.please help????

subha7082
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgo333 View Post
he has not got a working solution for this..what am i supposed to do.please help????
just reflash fw bro everything will fixed.

nostupidthing
Old
Thanks Meter 129
stupid me... caught this...

how i resolved it... (im using cm/fxp btw)

- make nandroid backup
- wipe
- reboot
- baseband comes back
- reboot into recovery
- advanced recovery with "data" only
- reboot
- done.

l0000l
Old
(Last edited by l0000l; 3rd May 2014 at 08:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
i have this problem too.
i'm on stock 4.1.2 with no baseband,imei and signal.
bootloader is locked.
i test many stock and custom roms. but not solved.
any way to repair it?

nostupidthing
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0000l View Post
i have this problem too.
i'm on stock 4.1.2 with no baseband,imei and signal.
bootloader is locked.
i test many stock and custom roms. but not solved.
any way to repair it?
repair centre?

l0000l
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostupidthing View Post
repair centre?
no professional repair center near me to repair it.