[Q] Disabling S5 Home wake function

Tip us?

nicks75
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Disabling S5 Home wake function

Hi, all.

Not sure if this has been covered, trust me I've searched, but can I disable the wake on home button function? I've rooted, and tried various options that have been posted for earlier versions, but alas the S5 still wakes up when I press the home key.

Hate it, as I've pocket dialled the missus a few times already!

Bisonator
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicks75 View Post
Hi, all.

Not sure if this has been covered, trust me I've searched, but can I disable the wake on home button function? I've rooted, and tried various options that have been posted for earlier versions, but alas the S5 still wakes up when I press the home key.

Hate it, as I've pocket dialled the missus a few times already!

Look into the 'Xposed' framework installer and then Wanam Xposed module (if your ROM supports it?). There's a tweak in Wanam's module to turn off the wake on home.

I've only just started using this myself with Omega v1.9 ROM (which has it built in if you pick it in the Aroma installer when flashing the ROM), so can't really tell you more than that... It's like being able to edit bits of the ROM but using a simple GUI instead of having to get into the code yourself.

Hope that helps!

nicks75
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonator View Post
Look into the 'Xposed' framework installer and then Wanam Xposed module (if your ROM supports it?). There's a tweak in Wanam's module to turn off the wake on home.

I've only just started using this myself with Omega v1.9 ROM (which has it built in if you pick it in the Aroma installer when flashing the ROM), so can't really tell you more than that... It's like being able to edit bits of the ROM but using a simple GUI instead of having to get into the code yourself.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for your reply, but I've already tried that. Also tried editing gpio-keys.kl and removing WAKE_DROPPED from key 172. Still no luck.

Bisonator
Old
(Last edited by Bisonator; 6th May 2014 at 08:35 AM.) Reason: more info
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicks75 View Post
Thanks for your reply, but I've already tried that. Also tried editing gpio-keys.kl and removing WAKE_DROPPED from key 172. Still no luck.
Apologies if you do already know what you're doing with this (I didn't!), but this might help to get it working:

Do you know that you have to enable/install the framework and then enable the Wanam module all from within the 'Xposed installer' first?

I didn't and expected mods to work immediately having edited the settings in 'Wanam Xposed' but found I hadn't yet installed the framework or enabled the module!

There are some other tweaks in Wanam Xposed that I found didn't work (quite right/at all) with Omega v1.9, so not all options are supported on this ROM.

nicks75
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonator View Post
Apologies if you do already know what you're doing with this (I didn't!), but this might help to get it working:

Do you know that you have to enable/install the framework and then enable the Wanam module all from within the 'Xposed installer' first?

I didn't and expected mods to work immediately having edited the settings in 'Wanam Xposed' but found I hadn't yet installed the framework or enabled the module!

There are some other tweaks in Wanam Xposed that I found didn't work (quite right/at all) with Omega v1.9, so not all options are supported on this ROM.
OH....MY....GOD!!

Thankyou so much, that seems to have worked PERFECTLY!

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 463
deleted