[Q] Disabling S5 Home wake function

OP nicks75

5th May 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

6 posts
Hi, all.

Not sure if this has been covered, trust me I've searched, but can I disable the wake on home button function? I've rooted, and tried various options that have been posted for earlier versions, but alas the S5 still wakes up when I press the home key.

Hate it, as I've pocket dialled the missus a few times already!
5th May 2014, 11:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag East Midlands
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicks75

Hi, all.

Not sure if this has been covered, trust me I've searched, but can I disable the wake on home button function? I've rooted, and tried various options that have been posted for earlier versions, but alas the S5 still wakes up when I press the home key.

Hate it, as I've pocket dialled the missus a few times already!

Look into the 'Xposed' framework installer and then Wanam Xposed module (if your ROM supports it?). There's a tweak in Wanam's module to turn off the wake on home.

I've only just started using this myself with Omega v1.9 ROM (which has it built in if you pick it in the Aroma installer when flashing the ROM), so can't really tell you more than that... It's like being able to edit bits of the ROM but using a simple GUI instead of having to get into the code yourself.

Hope that helps!
5th May 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonator

Look into the 'Xposed' framework installer and then Wanam Xposed module (if your ROM supports it?). There's a tweak in Wanam's module to turn off the wake on home.

I've only just started using this myself with Omega v1.9 ROM (which has it built in if you pick it in the Aroma installer when flashing the ROM), so can't really tell you more than that... It's like being able to edit bits of the ROM but using a simple GUI instead of having to get into the code yourself.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your reply, but I've already tried that. Also tried editing gpio-keys.kl and removing WAKE_DROPPED from key 172. Still no luck.
6th May 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #4  
Flag East Midlands
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicks75

Thanks for your reply, but I've already tried that. Also tried editing gpio-keys.kl and removing WAKE_DROPPED from key 172. Still no luck.

Apologies if you do already know what you're doing with this (I didn't!), but this might help to get it working:

Do you know that you have to enable/install the framework and then enable the Wanam module all from within the 'Xposed installer' first?

I didn't and expected mods to work immediately having edited the settings in 'Wanam Xposed' but found I hadn't yet installed the framework or enabled the module!

There are some other tweaks in Wanam Xposed that I found didn't work (quite right/at all) with Omega v1.9, so not all options are supported on this ROM.
Last edited by Bisonator; 6th May 2014 at 08:35 AM. Reason: more info
6th May 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonator

Apologies if you do already know what you're doing with this (I didn't!), but this might help to get it working:

Do you know that you have to enable/install the framework and then enable the Wanam module all from within the 'Xposed installer' first?

I didn't and expected mods to work immediately having edited the settings in 'Wanam Xposed' but found I hadn't yet installed the framework or enabled the module!

There are some other tweaks in Wanam Xposed that I found didn't work (quite right/at all) with Omega v1.9, so not all options are supported on this ROM.

OH....MY....GOD!!

Thankyou so much, that seems to have worked PERFECTLY!
6th May 2014, 10:09 AM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 473

1,816 posts
More
deleted
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread