Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 52,247 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unroot HTC Vivid

Tip us?

projectisaac
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0n3n3rd View Post
No, sorry ,I meant to say that you have to be on stock RUU to be able to achieve s-off. The guide that I followed was "The HTC Superguide " in the development section of this device. Firstly, I did a full wipe, as in Dalvic cache, Cache, System, Boot and Factory Data Reset, also SD card, then I relocked the device with "fastboot oem lock", after that I tried to run the stock RUU ( The one the phone was originally on ), which started the initial flash but stopped at about 10% and came up with " ERROR 140 ". I tried 4 or 5 times and even tried another computer with the same result.
I found this thread with people that had the same problem, but I'm not sure if it will help you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1828491&page=3

You could try flashing an old gingerbread ROM and then try the RUU, as it seems to have something to do with the rom on the phone being newer than the RUU or something.
The Following User Says Thank You to projectisaac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ph0n3n3rd
Old
(Last edited by ph0n3n3rd; 6th May 2014 at 12:48 PM.) Reason: Information that I forgot
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectisaac View Post
I found this thread with people that had the same problem, but I'm not sure if it will help you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1828491&page=3

You could try flashing an old gingerbread ROM and then try the RUU, as it seems to have something to do with the rom on the phone being newer than the RUU or something.
I have tried flashing an old gingerbread rom ( 2.27.841.6 ) as well as the latest version I could find ( 3.25.841.4 ) but I keep getting "ERROR 140 WRONG BOOTLOADER" and it also says the current version is 3.44.841.3 which is why I can't upgrade because I'm really trying to downgrade. The update to 3.44.841.3 from 3.25.841.4 was only about 58Mb but I can't find that and I don't think it would be of much use.
I have also tried to s-off the device with a live Ubuntu 12.04 32bit CD using ControlBear instructions but hit a snag because the sudo ./ControlBear command does nothing. I think the permissions or password may be out of date. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
I made a PH39IMG.zip from the 3.25.841.4 and tried flashing that but got the Wrong Image message too.
Tags
factory erase, htc, root, unroot, vivid