Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

'motorola services' process

OP your_login

5th May 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #1  
your_login's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
204 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
hi all, im new in this forum as i recently bought a used white RAZR I (and im very happy with it so far, not rooted yet)

few days ago i began to track closely the battery drain and wakelocks caused by applications when my screen was of

I installed an app called WAKELOCK DETECTOR (free from play store) which showed me that a process called com.motorola.blur.servic.blur causes a lot of wakelocks and used a lot of CPU and battery


My questions are:

1 - does anybody know what this process is for exactly? what it does?
2 - can it be turned off? yes, it can be turned off in the stock app manager, and i also read in a thread for motorola razr maxx that this process can be safley turned off without consequences - but does it also apply to our phone ?

p.s. i turned off this process permanently on my phone and havent noticed any negative or positive consequences yet, but its been too shhort time to tell yet.


thanks..
5th May 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #2  
paulle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 177
 
884 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by your_login

hi all, im new in this forum as i recently bought a used white RAZR I (and im very happy with it so far, not rooted yet)

few days ago i began to track closely the battery drain and wakelocks caused by applications when my screen was of

I installed an app called WAKELOCK DETECTOR (free from play store) which showed me that a process called com.motorola.blur.servic.blur causes a lot of wakelocks and used a lot of CPU and battery


My questions are:

1 - does anybody know what this process is for exactly? what it does?
2 - can it be turned off? yes, it can be turned off in the stock app manager, and i also read in a thread for motorola razr maxx that this process can be safley turned off without consequences - but does it also apply to our phone ?

p.s. i turned off this process permanently on my phone and havent noticed any negative or positive consequences yet, but its been too shhort time to tell yet.


thanks..

It's too long ago, so I don't exactly remember if i deleted it or it was overwritten by a custom rom. So it's not essential for running the phone.
you can now unlock and root your phone or wait 4, 6 or 8 weeks till the kitkat update is out and after this unlock and root your phone and try out
4.4-custom-roms.
you can also try greenify (look in play store) for lowering power consumption.
Last edited by paulle; 5th May 2014 at 08:43 PM. Reason: edit
The Following User Says Thank You to paulle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #3  
your_login's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
204 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulle

It's too long ago, so I don't exactly remember if i deleted it or it was overwritten by a custom rom. So it's not essential for running the phone.
you can now unlock and root your phone or wait 4, 6 or 8 weeks till the kitkat update is out and after this unlock and root your phone and try out
4.4-custom-roms.
you can also try greenify (look in play store) for lowering power consumption.

thank you for the info. I'd like to root my phone but to be honest I can't find enough time and will to read the thread about how to do it (I owned a galaxy S plus for over a year and tried more than 20 custom roms so im experienced with rooting flashing etc).

I tried greenify but its not making any difference, perhaps because my phone is not rooted so the app cant work as its meant to be. Anyways, my phone leasts for 2 days when not used too havily so im pretty happy


CANT wait for the official kitkat ! if its 2 months... i can wait
6th May 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Hamburg, DE
Thanks Meter: 46
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
"motorola services" is only to get OTA Updates. If you want to Update to KitKat you have to enable the "motorola services" again if KitKat is available.

For ROOT just follow this Thread from Post #2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2724964

For Good Battery Life look a my Post #3: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2633497

greetz
Last edited by 5m00v3; 6th May 2014 at 11:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5m00v3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #5  
your_login's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
204 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5m00v3

"motorola services" is only to get OTA Updates. If you want to Update to KitKat you have to enable the "motorola services" again if KitKat is available.

For ROOT just follow this Thread from Post #2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2724964

For Good Battery Life look a my Post #3: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2633497

greetz

fantastic, thanks a lot for the explanation and all the help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes