Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,544 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

'motorola services' process

Tip us?

your_login
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Battery Low 'motorola services' process

hi all, im new in this forum as i recently bought a used white RAZR I (and im very happy with it so far, not rooted yet)

few days ago i began to track closely the battery drain and wakelocks caused by applications when my screen was of

I installed an app called WAKELOCK DETECTOR (free from play store) which showed me that a process called com.motorola.blur.servic.blur causes a lot of wakelocks and used a lot of CPU and battery

My questions are:

1 - does anybody know what this process is for exactly? what it does?
2 - can it be turned off? yes, it can be turned off in the stock app manager, and i also read in a thread for motorola razr maxx that this process can be safley turned off without consequences - but does it also apply to our phone ?

p.s. i turned off this process permanently on my phone and havent noticed any negative or positive consequences yet, but its been too shhort time to tell yet.

thanks..

paulle
Old
(Last edited by paulle; 5th May 2014 at 07:43 PM.) Reason: edit
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by your_login View Post
hi all, im new in this forum as i recently bought a used white RAZR I (and im very happy with it so far, not rooted yet)

few days ago i began to track closely the battery drain and wakelocks caused by applications when my screen was of

I installed an app called WAKELOCK DETECTOR (free from play store) which showed me that a process called com.motorola.blur.servic.blur causes a lot of wakelocks and used a lot of CPU and battery

My questions are:

1 - does anybody know what this process is for exactly? what it does?
2 - can it be turned off? yes, it can be turned off in the stock app manager, and i also read in a thread for motorola razr maxx that this process can be safley turned off without consequences - but does it also apply to our phone ?

p.s. i turned off this process permanently on my phone and havent noticed any negative or positive consequences yet, but its been too shhort time to tell yet.

thanks..
It's too long ago, so I don't exactly remember if i deleted it or it was overwritten by a custom rom. So it's not essential for running the phone.
you can now unlock and root your phone or wait 4, 6 or 8 weeks till the kitkat update is out and after this unlock and root your phone and try out
4.4-custom-roms.
you can also try greenify (look in play store) for lowering power consumption.
The Following User Says Thank You to paulle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

your_login
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulle View Post
It's too long ago, so I don't exactly remember if i deleted it or it was overwritten by a custom rom. So it's not essential for running the phone.
you can now unlock and root your phone or wait 4, 6 or 8 weeks till the kitkat update is out and after this unlock and root your phone and try out
4.4-custom-roms.
you can also try greenify (look in play store) for lowering power consumption.
thank you for the info. I'd like to root my phone but to be honest I can't find enough time and will to read the thread about how to do it (I owned a galaxy S plus for over a year and tried more than 20 custom roms so im experienced with rooting flashing etc).

I tried greenify but its not making any difference, perhaps because my phone is not rooted so the app cant work as its meant to be. Anyways, my phone leasts for 2 days when not used too havily so im pretty happy

CANT wait for the official kitkat ! if its 2 months... i can wait

5m00v3
Old
(Last edited by 5m00v3; 6th May 2014 at 10:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 29
"motorola services" is only to get OTA Updates. If you want to Update to KitKat you have to enable the "motorola services" again if KitKat is available.

For ROOT just follow this Thread from Post #2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2724964

For Good Battery Life look a my Post #3: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2633497

greetz
Phones: HTC Explorer (Pico) - CyanogenMod / Razr i - Root with locked BL Daily / Huawei G510-0100 - as developer device
[HARDWARE MOD] Microphone Cover - RAZRi - - - - - [APP] Playstation Mobile - ROOT needed
The Following User Says Thank You to 5m00v3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

your_login
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5m00v3 View Post
"motorola services" is only to get OTA Updates. If you want to Update to KitKat you have to enable the "motorola services" again if KitKat is available.

For ROOT just follow this Thread from Post #2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2724964

For Good Battery Life look a my Post #3: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2633497

greetz
fantastic, thanks a lot for the explanation and all the help.