[Q] Latest Kindle App Constant Force Close

OP baymon

1st May 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 1

109 posts
More
Does anyone else experience this issue on the latest version of the Kindle Android App?

I've tried everything I can, clearing cache, clearing data, uninstalling, rolling back to previous version, fixed permission - nothing seemed to work.

I thought that it's a bad update, but I try the same version on my tablet and it runs fine. So I wonder if it's specific to the note 3....

I'm on stock ROM but rooted. Couple days ago it won't even let me get to the amazon home screen. Today, I"m able to get in, but as soon as I load a book it'll FC.
1st May 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 133

675 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baymon

Does anyone else experience this issue on the latest version of the Kindle Android App?

I've tried everything I can, clearing cache, clearing data, uninstalling, rolling back to previous version, fixed permission - nothing seemed to work.

I thought that it's a bad update, but I try the same version on my tablet and it runs fine. So I wonder if it's specific to the note 3....

I'm on stock ROM but rooted. Couple days ago it won't even let me get to the amazon home screen. Today, I"m able to get in, but as soon as I load a book it'll FC.

I haven't had this issue. But as an alternative, Samsung just released it's Kindle for Samsung app. You can get it in the Samsung Apps. It's an official Kindle app, just from Samsung. Plus you get to choose a free book every month. Check out this thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2721555

I use it now because I like the design/style better than the original Kindle app.

Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Techngro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 08:27 AM   |  #3  
Flag iloilo
Thanks Meter: 36

400 posts
More
Works fine with me and I haven't experienced it yet.
2nd May 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #4  
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 665

730 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorettaa

Works fine with me and I haven't experienced it yet.

WOW, hey everyone, it works fine for this person, nothing to see here!

How's that post count increasing going for you? Got enough yet?

Sent from my leanKernel 2.4 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T
The Following User Says Thank You to toastido For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #5  
Flag iloilo
Thanks Meter: 36

400 posts
More
LOL! What's your problem? Do I have to say I'm experiencing it too? Even I don't experience that force close thing? And what about my post count increasing? Is there a limit? Be surprised if my post count were decreasing
5th May 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 1

109 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techngro

I haven't had this issue. But as an alternative, Samsung just released it's Kindle for Samsung app. You can get it in the Samsung Apps. It's an official Kindle app, just from Samsung. Plus you get to choose a free book every month. Check out this thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2721555

I use it now because I like the design/style better than the original Kindle app.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, this one works. I still don't know why the version from amazon/google play craps out on me like that.
6th May 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #7  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 133

675 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastido

WOW, hey everyone, it works fine for this person, nothing to see here!

How's that post count increasing going for you? Got enough yet?

Sent from my leanKernel 2.4 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T

Actually, if you read the original post, the OP asks specifically if anyone else is having issues with the Kindle app. That's why I started my post above with "I haven't had this issue."

It's really not necessary to attack people for answering someone's question, especially when your post added even less with respect to helping the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorettaa

LOL! What's your problem? Do I have to say I'm experiencing it too? Even I don't experience that force close thing? And what about my post count increasing? Is there a limit? Be surprised if my post count were decreasing

I think this is the beginning of Kanly - the art of vendetta.

Sorry, i'm still reading the Dune series. Plus I watched the 4 hour extended edition last night until 4am.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by baymon

Thank you, this one works. I still don't know why the version from amazon/google play craps out on me like that.

I'm glad that works. Don't forget your free book every month.
The Following User Says Thank You to Techngro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 49

202 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techngro

Hope that helps.

Wasn't having a problem with the amazon app, but thanks for the tip on the samsung version! Anything free is worth it!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
force close issue, kindle android issue
Previous Thread Next Thread