Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 48,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best ROM and Kernel?

Tip us?

Miggas09
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Best ROM and Kernel?

Next week i'm getting a LG G2 and i would like some advice in which is the best ROM and Kernel i should use?
In other words i would like to know the best combination of ROM and Kernel for LG G2?
sorry for bad english

AnteusFogg
Old
Thanks Meter 80
It's quite difficult to tell... Some people like AOSP roms better, some Stock...

LG's stock is amongst the best of stock roms imho so I suggest you first get to know it and then figure out whether you'd like to change or not.

As for kernels, same story here: if you prefer stability, stock is always better. Battery life is not dramatically improved by any of the kernels I've tried and it's really a matter of preference...

Sorry buddy but these questions either lead to "the depends" answer or to a non-sense argument, usually between stock-partisans and AOSP-partisans... Although for LG there seem to be a consensus around stock being very good anyway, unlike some other brands.

Now for the personal taste: CloudyFlex 2.2 with CloudyKernel is my current daily driver. Stable and smooth plus some great features from Flex rom.

If I helped you, please thank me
The Following User Says Thank You to AnteusFogg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Miggas09
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnteusFogg View Post
It's quite difficult to tell... Some people like AOSP roms better, some Stock...

LG's stock is amongst the best of stock roms imho so I suggest you first get to know it and then figure out whether you'd like to change or not.

As for kernels, same story here: if you prefer stability, stock is always better. Battery life is not dramatically improved by any of the kernels I've tried and it's really a matter of preference...

Sorry buddy but these questions either lead to "the depends" answer or to a non-sense argument, usually between stock-partisans and AOSP-partisans... Although for LG there seem to be a consensus around stock being very good anyway, unlike some other brands.

Now for the personal taste: CloudyFlex 2.2 with CloudyKernel is my current daily driver. Stable and smooth plus some great features from Flex rom.

One more question, to install CloudyFlex 2.2 which recovery and stock version of android (4.2.2 or 4.4.2) do i need?

AnteusFogg
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggas09 View Post
One more question, to install CloudyFlex 2.2 which recovery and stock version of android (4.2.2 or 4.4.2) do i need?
Root the device, install Philz Touch recovery and flash away. Doesn't matter which version you start with. If you come from JB and flash a KK rom, make sure you flash the KK baseband but that's all indicated in the OPs

The Following User Says Thank You to AnteusFogg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Miggas09
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnteusFogg View Post
Root the device, install Philz Touch recovery and flash away. Doesn't matter which version you start with. If you come from JB and flash a KK rom, make sure you flash the KK baseband but that's all indicated in the OPs

sorry to ask so many questions,
the KK baseband is flashed after or before updating to KK?
and
is it possible to install cloudyflex 2.2 with TWRP (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2449679), because TWRP is much easier to install?

If you are wondering 'WOW, this guy must be really lazy?', my answer is yes, i am lazy, because internet in South Africa is expensive and very limited and i will thank you as many times as i need until i know everything i need to know!

xanthrax
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6967

DONATE TO ME
Everything you need to know must be posted in the dedicated Q&A thread, no need open endless topics
You have 5 posts and already opened 3 threads, this looks like a small abuse...
sent from my Darkside of Nexus 4

AnteusFogg
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggas09 View Post
sorry to ask so many questions,
the KK baseband is flashed after or before updating to KK?
and
is it possible to install cloudyflex 2.2 with TWRP (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2449679), because TWRP is much easier to install?

If you are wondering 'WOW, this guy must be really lazy?', my answer is yes, i am lazy, because internet in South Africa is expensive and very limited and i will thank you as many times as i need until i know everything i need to know!
Dude, I realize I already gave you all the links in another similar thread you opened...

I find Philz to be easy and it seems compatible with more roms but I can't vouch for that.

BB can be flashed before or after I believe. Or you can flash along...

ISISTYLE
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Just try till u get the best that suits you