Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Google play tablet problems!!!!!

OP downloaderfan

28th April 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Till yesterday everything was fine but today when I woke up and opened up google play,no longer can I see the 'designed for phones' tag below apps which are not optimized for tablets,cannot see the 'tablet highlights' section in the homepage of google play on my Galaxy tab 2 7 inch GT-P3100 stock ROM 4.2.2 not rooted.Is anyone else also facing the same issue?

I know that MX player is one of those apps which has the 'designed for phones' tag,but now it's gone(and it was not updated with a tablet inteface)

Also I tried to visit 'featured apps for tablets' section on google play with the help of google search through my browser and got an error of saying
'Error retrieving information from server. [DF-LA-01]'

Is this a bug or is google intentionally not recognizing my device as a tablet from now on?
Last edited by downloaderfan; 28th April 2014 at 01:21 PM.
3rd May 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by downloaderfan

Till yesterday everything was fine but today when I woke up and opened up google play,no longer can I see the 'designed for phones' tag below apps which are not optimized for tablets,cannot see the 'tablet highlights' section in the homepage of google play on my Galaxy tab 2 7 inch GT-P3100 stock ROM 4.2.2 not rooted.Is anyone else also facing the same issue?

I know that MX player is one of those apps which has the 'designed for phones' tag,but now it's gone(and it was not updated with a tablet inteface)

Also I tried to visit 'featured apps for tablets' section on google play with the help of google search through my browser and got an error of saying
'Error retrieving information from server. [DF-LA-01]'

Is this a bug or is google intentionally not recognizing my device as a tablet from now on?

i think it is just a small problem from google which will be ok
also just wipe cache in recovery and clear data of google play also before clearing cache in recovery and i think every thing will be okk
The Following User Says Thank You to sharingan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingan

i think it is just a small problem from google which will be ok
also just wipe cache in recovery and clear data of google play also before clearing cache in recovery and i think every thing will be okk

Thanks for replying, what I did was I uninstalled all updates to google play which auto updated to the latest version within 5 minutes, that solved the problem and I could again see the 'Designed for phones' tag under non tablet optimized apps.
6th May 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by downloaderfan

Thanks for replying, what I did was I uninstalled all updates to google play which auto updated to the latest version within 5 minutes, that solved the problem and I could again see the 'Designed for phones' tag under non tablet optimized apps.

great then
have funn
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes