Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 45,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Issues sending MMS messages

Tip us?

mnuttall87
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default [Q] Issues sending MMS messages

I'm having issues sending MMS messages on my GS5. I contacted Sprint support and they really aren't much help so I just wanted to see if anyone else was having issues?

The Sprint rep had me dial ##72786# which sent it into the hands-free activation mode again, but they ultimately weren't able to fix anything.

RevelationOmega
Old
Thanks Meter 511

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnuttall87 View Post
I'm having issues sending MMS messages on my GS5. I contacted Sprint support and they really aren't much help so I just wanted to see if anyone else was having issues?

The Sprint rep had me dial ##72786# which sent it into the hands-free activation mode again, but they ultimately weren't able to fix anything.
Check in /system/etc if apns-conf.xml exists. If not, there's your problem. But I need more info to assist here, do you still have data/LTE, phone signal, none at all, are you using third party messaging app?
From the depths, the light is all you see.... Life's Good in QHD.

LG G3 - Stock - No Root (yet...)
Samsung S5 - Stock Deodexed - Root
Google Nexus 5 - Liquid Smooth - Root

Don't Forget to Hit the THANKS if I Helped!

mnuttall87
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Okay, network connectivity exists. Normal text messages send fine with no issues and I can actually receive MMS messages. I'm using the stock messaging application because I was having issues receiving MMS via the Hangouts app when I let it handle my text messaging.

The file you requested was there...my post count isn't high enough to post the screenshot of it. I'm not currently rooted.

JoeFCaputo113
Old
Thanks Meter 1,718

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Okay, network connectivity exists. Normal text messages send fine with no issues and I can actually receive MMS messages. I'm using the stock messaging application because I was having issues receiving MMS via the Hangouts app when I let it handle my text messaging.

The file you requested was there...my post count isn't high enough to post the screenshot of it. I'm not currently rooted.
Try using 8sms.... It allows you to send MMS over WiFi (you can turn OFF mobile data, and still be able to send MMS as long as you have a WiFi connection). Sprint supports MMS over WiFi and is one of VERY few carriers in the world that support it, so try out 8sms
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v2
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel with some tweaks
Theme: Velur (Nova icon pack)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Samsung Gear Live
Stock Everything

Previously Joe0113

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFCaputo113 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RevelationOmega
Old
Thanks Meter 511

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Can you receive MMS in stock messages app? Is it just Hangouts?

mnuttall87
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
I can receive messages in all apps, Hangouts and the stock app. It just seemed to have issues sending MMS within any app that I have tried so far. Currently using the stock app.

I can give 8SMS a try.

AdRock02gt
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I had an issue the other day sending texts. I went into application manager and deleted cache and data for the MMS program and it's worked fine since.

RevelationOmega
Old
Thanks Meter 511

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I can receive messages in all apps, Hangouts and the stock app. It just seemed to have issues sending MMS within any app that I have tried so far. Currently using the stock app.

I can give 8SMS a try.
Agreed, try first clear cache/data for sms stock app (do not open), go update prl/profile, reboot. Them open app and see if works. If so, profit. If not and you have time, redo ROM flash of stock or what you're on. I'd say try my APN flash zip in Android development to see but that is at your own risk and, if something broke (highly unlikely though) you'd need to Reflash stock ROM to reset all. All this worth a try.

miked63017
Old
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdRock02gt View Post
I had an issue the other day sending texts. I went into application manager and deleted cache and data for the MMS program and it's worked fine since.
I had this issue when my phone was new. Did the activation thing and a PRL update, which fixed it for me.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app