Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 52,951 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Issues sending MMS messages

Tip us?
 
mnuttall87
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 55
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default [Q] Issues sending MMS messages

I'm having issues sending MMS messages on my GS5. I contacted Sprint support and they really aren't much help so I just wanted to see if anyone else was having issues?

The Sprint rep had me dial ##72786# which sent it into the hands-free activation mode again, but they ultimately weren't able to fix anything.
 
RevelationOmega
Old
#2  
RevelationOmega's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 495
Posts: 510
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Tallahassee

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnuttall87 View Post
I'm having issues sending MMS messages on my GS5. I contacted Sprint support and they really aren't much help so I just wanted to see if anyone else was having issues?

The Sprint rep had me dial ##72786# which sent it into the hands-free activation mode again, but they ultimately weren't able to fix anything.
Check in /system/etc if apns-conf.xml exists. If not, there's your problem. But I need more info to assist here, do you still have data/LTE, phone signal, none at all, are you using third party messaging app?
Far into the unknown, the Galaxy is all you know.

Samsung S5 - Stock Deodexed - Rooted

Don't Forget to Hit the Thanks if I Helped!
 
mnuttall87
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 55
Join Date: Apr 2014
Okay, network connectivity exists. Normal text messages send fine with no issues and I can actually receive MMS messages. I'm using the stock messaging application because I was having issues receiving MMS via the Hangouts app when I let it handle my text messaging.

The file you requested was there...my post count isn't high enough to post the screenshot of it. I'm not currently rooted.
 
Joe0113
Old
#4  
Joe0113's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1562
Posts: 4,054
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dutchess County, New York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnuttall87 View Post
Okay, network connectivity exists. Normal text messages send fine with no issues and I can actually receive MMS messages. I'm using the stock messaging application because I was having issues receiving MMS via the Hangouts app when I let it handle my text messaging.

The file you requested was there...my post count isn't high enough to post the screenshot of it. I'm not currently rooted.
Try using 8sms.... It allows you to send MMS over WiFi (you can turn OFF mobile data, and still be able to send MMS as long as you have a WiFi connection). Sprint supports MMS over WiFi and is one of VERY few carriers in the world that support it, so try out 8sms
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired


Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v1
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel
Theme: Click Ui (Nova theme)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP


Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe0113 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
RevelationOmega
Old
#5  
RevelationOmega's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 495
Posts: 510
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Tallahassee

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnuttall87 View Post
Okay, network connectivity exists. Normal text messages send fine with no issues and I can actually receive MMS messages. I'm using the stock messaging application because I was having issues receiving MMS via the Hangouts app when I let it handle my text messaging.

The file you requested was there...my post count isn't high enough to post the screenshot of it. I'm not currently rooted.
Can you receive MMS in stock messages app? Is it just Hangouts?
Far into the unknown, the Galaxy is all you know.

Samsung S5 - Stock Deodexed - Rooted

Don't Forget to Hit the Thanks if I Helped!
 
mnuttall87
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 55
Join Date: Apr 2014
I can receive messages in all apps, Hangouts and the stock app. It just seemed to have issues sending MMS within any app that I have tried so far. Currently using the stock app.

I can give 8SMS a try.
 
AdRock02gt
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 102
Join Date: Feb 2011
I had an issue the other day sending texts. I went into application manager and deleted cache and data for the MMS program and it's worked fine since.
 
RevelationOmega
Old
#8  
RevelationOmega's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 495
Posts: 510
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Tallahassee

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnuttall87 View Post
I can receive messages in all apps, Hangouts and the stock app. It just seemed to have issues sending MMS within any app that I have tried so far. Currently using the stock app.

I can give 8SMS a try.
Agreed, try first clear cache/data for sms stock app (do not open), go update prl/profile, reboot. Them open app and see if works. If so, profit. If not and you have time, redo ROM flash of stock or what you're on. I'd say try my APN flash zip in Android development to see but that is at your own risk and, if something broke (highly unlikely though) you'd need to Reflash stock ROM to reset all. All this worth a try.
Far into the unknown, the Galaxy is all you know.

Samsung S5 - Stock Deodexed - Rooted

Don't Forget to Hit the Thanks if I Helped!
 
miked63017
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 251
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St Louis

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdRock02gt View Post
I had an issue the other day sending texts. I went into application manager and deleted cache and data for the MMS program and it's worked fine since.
I had this issue when my phone was new. Did the activation thing and a PRL update, which fixed it for me.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

But First, Let Me Take a #Selfie

“Today while browsing XDA,I’m going tocheck to seeif my favorite ROM has been updated–but … more

Easily Combine Text and Manage Your Android Clipboard with StuffMerge

Android clipboard management has always been impractical without the … more

Pale Moon Browser Ported to Android

Having a wide choice of third party applications is one of the most beautiful things that Android has to … more