Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

[Q] Issues sending MMS messages

OP mnuttall87

5th May 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19

62 posts
I'm having issues sending MMS messages on my GS5. I contacted Sprint support and they really aren't much help so I just wanted to see if anyone else was having issues?

The Sprint rep had me dial ##72786# which sent it into the hands-free activation mode again, but they ultimately weren't able to fix anything.
5th May 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag Tallahassee
Thanks Meter: 514

514 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnuttall87

I'm having issues sending MMS messages on my GS5. I contacted Sprint support and they really aren't much help so I just wanted to see if anyone else was having issues?

The Sprint rep had me dial ##72786# which sent it into the hands-free activation mode again, but they ultimately weren't able to fix anything.

Check in /system/etc if apns-conf.xml exists. If not, there's your problem. But I need more info to assist here, do you still have data/LTE, phone signal, none at all, are you using third party messaging app?
5th May 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

62 posts
Okay, network connectivity exists. Normal text messages send fine with no issues and I can actually receive MMS messages. I'm using the stock messaging application because I was having issues receiving MMS via the Hangouts app when I let it handle my text messaging.

The file you requested was there...my post count isn't high enough to post the screenshot of it. I'm not currently rooted.
5th May 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #4  
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,779

4,409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Okay, network connectivity exists. Normal text messages send fine with no issues and I can actually receive MMS messages. I'm using the stock messaging application because I was having issues receiving MMS via the Hangouts app when I let it handle my text messaging.

The file you requested was there...my post count isn't high enough to post the screenshot of it. I'm not currently rooted.

Try using 8sms.... It allows you to send MMS over WiFi (you can turn OFF mobile data, and still be able to send MMS as long as you have a WiFi connection). Sprint supports MMS over WiFi and is one of VERY few carriers in the world that support it, so try out 8sms
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFCaputo113 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #5  
Flag Tallahassee

514 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Can you receive MMS in stock messages app? Is it just Hangouts?
5th May 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

62 posts
I can receive messages in all apps, Hangouts and the stock app. It just seemed to have issues sending MMS within any app that I have tried so far. Currently using the stock app.

I can give 8SMS a try.
6th May 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

102 posts
I had an issue the other day sending texts. I went into application manager and deleted cache and data for the MMS program and it's worked fine since.
6th May 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #8  
Flag Tallahassee

514 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I can receive messages in all apps, Hangouts and the stock app. It just seemed to have issues sending MMS within any app that I have tried so far. Currently using the stock app.

I can give 8SMS a try.

Agreed, try first clear cache/data for sms stock app (do not open), go update prl/profile, reboot. Them open app and see if works. If so, profit. If not and you have time, redo ROM flash of stock or what you're on. I'd say try my APN flash zip in Android development to see but that is at your own risk and, if something broke (highly unlikely though) you'd need to Reflash stock ROM to reset all. All this worth a try.
6th May 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #9  
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 212

337 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdRock02gt

I had an issue the other day sending texts. I went into application manager and deleted cache and data for the MMS program and it's worked fine since.

I had this issue when my phone was new. Did the activation thing and a PRL update, which fixed it for me.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread