[Q] Connect as usb drive, with drive letter in Explorer

OP Mike Austin

1st May 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 1

122 posts
More
When I connect my T325 to Win7 via usb, I see 'Galaxy Tab' with subfolders 'Card' and 'Tablet' in Explorer. Is there any way to get drive letters for these? From what I have read here for other devices, this does not seem to be possible.
Also, how do I get to Storage Settings > USB PC connections? It is not on the menu. I can only get there via the notification dropdown after I have connected the USB.
1st May 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

81 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Austin

When I connect my T325 to Win7 via usb, I see 'Galaxy Tab' with subfolders 'Card' and 'Tablet' in Explorer. Is there any way to get drive letters for these? From what I have read here for other devices, this does not seem to be possible.
Also, how do I get to Storage Settings > USB PC connections? It is not on the menu. I can only get there via the notification dropdown after I have connected the USB.

Yeah, you can't. It's MTP, not USB Mass Storage, so no drive-level (cluster-support) access. No drive letters. Possibly you could create a symlink (but not a junction or hard link) for a directory; would that be sufficient?
5th May 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bristol

122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotta

Yeah, you can't. It's MTP, not USB Mass Storage, so no drive-level (cluster-support) access. No drive letters. Possibly you could create a symlink (but not a junction or hard link) for a directory; would that be sufficient?

I doubt it. I would really like to be able to use FreeFileSync on my PC, and some batch files, for three-way backing up desktop -> laptop -> notepad. The nearest I can get to this is with an OTG usb drive and an Android app for folder sync.
6th May 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

42 posts
More
I use PureSync for that actually, it supports mtp devices.
6th May 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bristol

122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phage80

I use PureSync for that actually, it supports mtp devices.

Thanks. I am having a go with that, but I am having problems with it hanging and not finding files. I will tinker with it a little longer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
usb drive explorer
Previous Thread Next Thread