[APP][ALPHA-WIP][2.2+] Wifi Tool (Aztech Wifi Fix)

6th May 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 51

278 posts
Donate to Me
More

Hello everyone! Ever since I've upgraded to an 'ultra-fast' fiber network, my new Aztech router has also been 'ultra-annoying'. It drops connections on me when I reboot my device, and according to multiple sources, this happens to many other devices too. Basically, what happens is that you get connected, but there's no Internet access (WiFi bars will show upload most of the time, with an occasional download).

I have figured out the fastest way to gain Internet access - That is, to constantly turn on and off the WiFi radio, and then test the network manually using a Browser. This app should automate that for you, by turning off and on the WiFi, then attempting to connect to the Internet.

This app is still in development, and may be unstable!

Changelog:
0.3.1 - App auto-closes for now (Will be removed and replaced by 'Auto-close after done' in settings)
0.3.1 - Ping Google.com test
0.3.1 - Removed 'Looping wifi toggle' bug
0.3.1 - Updated code
0.3 - Added loop function to repeatedly turn on and off WiFi until connection is gained (Will be removed and replaced by 'Aztech Mode' in settings)

What doesn't work:
- Settings all don't work yet, and current one serves only as a place-holder
- Background fixing
- Manual AP selection: For now just make sure you're nearest to your preferred AP

Decompilation of the app is allowed if you want to help me out in this app, which was made on an Android using AIDE.

I welcome feedback, so do send in your comments!

Screenshots:
Main screen

Attached Files
File Type: apk WifiTool-0.3.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (388.7 KB, 161 views)
Last edited by BachMinuetInG; 7th May 2014 at 03:41 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread