Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Help unbricking my phone please

OP yahar

6th May 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

141 posts
I was using Liquid Smooth (I think 4.3) and one night my battery died. Ever since then when I try to boot up it hangs at the liqiuid smooth boot screen. I was unable to get into recovery or download mode because my volume up button is broken. I bought a usb jig that has my phone forced into download mode now,and I have odin installed but im not sure what to do. Do I just flash a 4.3 stock rom? Where do i find the correct stock rom to flash? I don't want to pick the wrong one and hardbrick it. Thanks.
Last edited by yahar; 6th May 2014 at 01:18 AM.
6th May 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #2  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 533

924 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahar

I was using Liquid Smooth (I think 4.3) and one night my battery died. Ever since then when I try to boot up it hangs at the liqiuid smooth boot screen. I was unable to get into recovery or download mode because my volume up button is broken. I bought a usb jig that has my phone forced into download mode now,and I have odin installed but im not sure what to do. Do I just flash a 4.3 stock rom? Where do i find the correct stock rom to flash? I don't want to pick the wrong one and hardbrick it. Thanks.

Well I'll just tell you quick don't Odin 4.3. I don't have a link for 4.1.2 but I'm sure someone does.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

4.3 Odin file will lock your bootloader forever.
6th May 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

141 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel

Well I'll just tell you quick don't Odin 4.3. I don't have a link for 4.1.2 but I'm sure someone does.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

4.3 Odin file will lock your bootloader forever.

So I need to use a 4.1.2 stock rom even if i had 4.3 before? I can't seem to find the right 4.1.2 file anywhere. Thanks for warning me too.
6th May 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #4  
Flag Minneapolis

924 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahar

So I need to use a 4.1.2 stock rom even if i had 4.3 before? I can't seem to find the right 4.1.2 file anywhere. Thanks for warning me too.

Correct after you restore back to a official ice cream sandwich build you can root, unlock and flash any ROM you please.
6th May 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #5  
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 246

2,119 posts
More
Just me. But u might not even have to odin. I would try factory reset format data flash another build date of liquid smooth 4.3.. Maybe something just acted up. There KK version pretty stable if u wanna try that. .. If that dnt work. Then yes odin back to ICS..theres a sticky in this section

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
6th May 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #6  
Flag Minneapolis

924 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions

Just me. But u might not even have to odin. I would try factory reset format data flash another build date of liquid smooth 4.3.. Maybe something just acted up. There KK version pretty stable if u wanna try that. .. If that dnt work. Then yes odin back to ICS..theres a sticky in this section

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

He can't get into recovery from a power off state. He will need to reboot onto a touch recovery from the ROM because his volume rocker is not working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy S III Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank