Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,979 Members 45,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help unbricking my phone please

Tip us?
 
yahar
Old
(Last edited by yahar; 6th May 2014 at 01:18 AM.)
#1  
yahar's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 127
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default Help unbricking my phone please

I was using Liquid Smooth (I think 4.3) and one night my battery died. Ever since then when I try to boot up it hangs at the liqiuid smooth boot screen. I was unable to get into recovery or download mode because my volume up button is broken. I bought a usb jig that has my phone forced into download mode now,and I have odin installed but im not sure what to do. Do I just flash a 4.3 stock rom? Where do i find the correct stock rom to flash? I don't want to pick the wrong one and hardbrick it. Thanks.
 
ThePagel
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 381
Posts: 647
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahar View Post
I was using Liquid Smooth (I think 4.3) and one night my battery died. Ever since then when I try to boot up it hangs at the liqiuid smooth boot screen. I was unable to get into recovery or download mode because my volume up button is broken. I bought a usb jig that has my phone forced into download mode now,and I have odin installed but im not sure what to do. Do I just flash a 4.3 stock rom? Where do i find the correct stock rom to flash? I don't want to pick the wrong one and hardbrick it. Thanks.
Well I'll just tell you quick don't Odin 4.3. I don't have a link for 4.1.2 but I'm sure someone does.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

4.3 Odin file will lock your bootloader forever.
ADB Only (Windows)
ADB Only (Linux) <-- Plus instructions
 
yahar
Old
#3  
yahar's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 127
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel View Post
Well I'll just tell you quick don't Odin 4.3. I don't have a link for 4.1.2 but I'm sure someone does.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

4.3 Odin file will lock your bootloader forever.
So I need to use a 4.1.2 stock rom even if i had 4.3 before? I can't seem to find the right 4.1.2 file anywhere. Thanks for warning me too.
 
ThePagel
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 381
Posts: 647
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahar View Post
So I need to use a 4.1.2 stock rom even if i had 4.3 before? I can't seem to find the right 4.1.2 file anywhere. Thanks for warning me too.
Correct after you restore back to a official ice cream sandwich build you can root, unlock and flash any ROM you please.
ADB Only (Windows)
ADB Only (Linux) <-- Plus instructions
 
twistedillutions
Old
#5  
twistedillutions's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 204
Posts: 1,773
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 209
Just me. But u might not even have to odin. I would try factory reset format data flash another build date of liquid smooth 4.3.. Maybe something just acted up. There KK version pretty stable if u wanna try that. .. If that dnt work. Then yes odin back to ICS..theres a sticky in this section

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
AWESOME POSSOM
 
ThePagel
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 381
Posts: 647
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions View Post
Just me. But u might not even have to odin. I would try factory reset format data flash another build date of liquid smooth 4.3.. Maybe something just acted up. There KK version pretty stable if u wanna try that. .. If that dnt work. Then yes odin back to ICS..theres a sticky in this section

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
He can't get into recovery from a power off state. He will need to reboot onto a touch recovery from the ROM because his volume rocker is not working.
ADB Only (Windows)
ADB Only (Linux) <-- Plus instructions
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

[OTA Captured] Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 Finally Gets Official KitKat Update

It’s been almost nine months since the LG G Pad … more

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more