Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Note 3 SIM Network Unlock PIN in India Purchased from Saudi

OP drfaizan

21st January 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Hello All,

I will appreciate if someone can help.

We have purchased Note 3 N9005 LTE from Saudi Arabia on 9th January and I have switched it on for the first time in India using Indian SIM card. Now it is asking for SIM NETWORK UNLOCK PIN.

I am aware that this is regional locked. But I am trying to find a solution. I already tried to purchase unlocking codes but seems there are no codes providers for phones purchased from Saudi Arabia region.

I am also aware of regional lock App, but it will void the warranty.

I wanted to ask will Samsung India or Samsung Saudi Arabia help us in this case? Did anyone experiencing the same problem found a solution without voiding the warranty?

I made a phone call to Samsung India and they said if I register it in India then there is a possibility that it may get functional, but I am not sure.

I request someone to help.

Thanks,
Last edited by drfaizan; 21st January 2014 at 02:40 PM.
6th May 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #2  

2 posts
Did you find a solution?
Did you find a solution?
I am stuck too... pruchased my n9005 from KSA, and it's not working with Indian SIM.
6th May 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,243

8,801 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfaizan

Hello All,

I will appreciate if someone can help.

We have purchased Note 3 N9005 LTE from Saudi Arabia on 9th January and I have switched it on for the first time in India using Indian SIM card. Now it is asking for SIM NETWORK UNLOCK PIN.

I am aware that this is regional locked. But I am trying to find a solution. I already tried to purchase unlocking codes but seems there are no codes providers for phones purchased from Saudi Arabia region.

I am also aware of regional lock App, but it will void the warranty.

I wanted to ask will Samsung India or Samsung Saudi Arabia help us in this case? Did anyone experiencing the same problem found a solution without voiding the warranty?

I made a phone call to Samsung India and they said if I register it in India then there is a possibility that it may get functional, but I am not sure.

I request someone to help.

Thanks,

RegionLock Away only works with older firmwares afaik. You`re best bet is to activate it through Samsung. Register your device in India and if that doesn`t work contact Samsung again for more support.
Last edited by gee2012; 6th May 2014 at 08:53 AM.
6th May 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #4  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

RegionLock Away only works with older firmwares afaik. You`re best bet is to activate it through Samsung. Register your device in India and if that doesn`t work contact Samsung again for more support.

How do I register my device in India?
Which Samsung should I contact? Samsung India or Samsung Arabia? And how do I get it activated?

The phone is currently in India.
6th May 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,243

8,801 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizwan.wangde

How do I register my device in India?
Which Samsung should I contact? Samsung India or Samsung Arabia? And how do I get it activated?

The phone is currently in India.

Register the phone on the Indian Samsung site http://www.samsung.com/in/#undefined and choose Product Registration http://cybersvc2.samsungcsportal.com...n=N&ssoLang=en and contact Samsung India later for more activation support if needed.
Last edited by gee2012; 6th May 2014 at 09:20 AM.
6th May 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Solution
Hello,

I managed to unlock my Note 3, however I sent it back to Saudi Arabia and they have unlocked it in their service center. I was charged 200 Riyals approximately 3200 rupees. However I heard software solutions are now supporting MJ7 as well? But I am not sure.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread